Can someone ask their dish contacts..

BigTimMN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2006
What the status is on splitting Noggin/The N.

I really would like to know why Dish is getting special treatment on this channel, and when we can expect this to happen.

its been 4 months since the channels split, and we dont get it here yet.

I know its been talked about before, but its been awhile, and i thought i would see if one of our top notch members can get some new info.

Nick Gas

I was wondering the same thing so I was looking around and found this (It is from wikipedia though so take it with a grain of salt, but it was the only explanation I got):

On January 4, 2008, Nick Gas started on TurboNick and it is still on Dish Network until January 31, 2009.

Problems with the switch
Due to technical difficulties during the switchover to The N, Nick GAS was put back on the air for Dish Network subscribers until the problem can be resolved. When the switch was supposed to happen, subscribers to Dish Network received nothing but a black screen for a few hours, The N currently taking over Noggin at the same time every night; Nick GAS has since then been put back on-air. This was possible since the channel and its programs will be moving to the TurboNick broadband channel in the near future and because Nick GAS's consistent programming schedule was automated. DirecTV also suffered from the glitch until 7:25 AM Eastern/6:25 AM Central. Most digital cable viewers saw no problems with the transfer from Nick GAS to The N. Time Warner Cable of Manhattan is currently not carrying The N on their digital cable lineup. They have removed channel 137 from their system, this was the channel that they used to carry Nick GAS. The transition from Nick GAS to The N went smoothly on this channel, but it has since been removed altogether. According to many Dish Network technicians, they have said that the N isn't expected to switch over unto Nick GAS's channel until at no earlier than January 2009. This has been confirmed by The N's Online Message Board.

I've been wondering the same thing. I PMed Scott, but I don't think he knows anything.

Thanks for the link ashutto. If they had 24/7 Noggin, I probably wouldn't have dropped to HD Only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)