Can someone explain DVR Advantage new rules?

I do like this on the bill this month......

"Thank you! As an exclusive DishDVR Advantage customer,
DISH Network is pleased to give you an automatic $3 monthly
credit through 2009 - simply as a token of our appreciation!
DishDVR Advantage is the best video bundle value in the
industry and we are pleased to have added great new savings
for 2009 - check out the enclosed brochure for details!"

Too funny....

Yeah, I was just going to post about that. How crazy is that - it BOLDLY proclaims NO PRICE CHANGE yet my Silver 200 is going up $8!!

It took me a few minutes to figure that out! It means no price change on the locals and the DVR service.

I already posted in one of the other threads about how much spin this mailing puts on the price increase -- it highlights everything that DOESN'T increase instead of everything that does. Anymore spin, it would be warping spacetime near its surface...

So dvr advantage customers will get only a $5.00 price increase instead of 8.00 through this year. Next year when it goes up again and they take away the 3.00 off credit ,I'm sure that the increase will be as big as it is now or greater.

I am not sure how I am saving money now? My bill went up by $10, so what am I getting now? So I am just paying the $5 for locals and $5 for the dvr?

“Can someone explain DVR Advantage new rules?”

Yeah, Dish has hired former members of congress and wall street CEO’s to come up with their new pricing strategy.

Ok... I whacked my programming today. I just have DVR Advantage AT250 with HD. I lopped off platinum HD (didn't know I had it as it wasn't even ON the most recent bill), got rid of DHPP, said goodbye to HBO and Cinemax. (I don't qualify for the penny cinemax because I'm bundled through my phone company).

It'll take a while to actually see a normal bill, but I'm guessing I'm easily below $80 now and maybe just short of $75. We'll see how it goes. I don't have anything more I want to get rid of at this point without losing programming we really watch regularly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)