Can someone explain...

sam_gordon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Lexington, ky
I wanted to record the Miss. St @ UK FB game Saturday night on FSN. I have the sports pack, find FSN, find the game in the guide, and set a recording for the HD version of FSN (the game WAS listed in the guide).

Come home that night, start to play the recording and I see the generic "Please check back to see your team playing in HD":rant:. I scanned forward about 15 minutes to make sure there was time for the game to be switched in. Still just the slate.

I *KNOW* the game was produced in HD. So my question is why the game wasn't broadcast in HD by Dish, ESPECIALLY since it was listed in the guide! :mad:

I wanted to record the Miss. St @ UK FB game Saturday night on FSN. I have the sports pack, find FSN, find the game in the guide, and set a recording for the HD version of FSN (the game WAS listed in the guide).

Come home that night, start to play the recording and I see the generic "Please check back to see your team playing in HD":rant:. I scanned forward about 15 minutes to make sure there was time for the game to be switched in. Still just the slate.

I *KNOW* the game was produced in HD. So my question is why the game wasn't broadcast in HD by Dish, ESPECIALLY since it was listed in the guide! :mad:

Your problem is most likely because of a bug that if you start a recording on the HD fox sports channel before the event starts the entire recording is of the "checkback" screen.
You need to setup a manual recording to start after the event starts. A minute should probably be enough.

Your problem is most likely because of a bug that if you start a recording on the HD fox sports channel before the event starts the entire recording is of the "checkback" screen.
You need to setup a manual recording to start after the event starts. A minute should probably be enough.
Well :censored:! This is the first time I've had to do this, so how am I supposed to know. Thanks.

Welcome to my sad sad world. I am lucky if half of my demographic teams are televised in HD. It is Dish having cheap contracts I believe.
See, I understood this, but the game showed itself in the guide ON the HD channel. So I assumed that meant Dish would have it in HD.

Thanks Bumblebee. That makes things even more confusing. I'm not sure if the game was sell out or not so maybe that's why I didn't get it? I got to see a recording on Monday, so not that big a deal, just a frustration.

I am in the Lexington area and did not have any problem. But then again I used one of the HD-ALT channels. I don't have the sports pack, just the top 250 pkg.

There are 6 HD-ALT channels and I think it was on one of the first 2 in the list. It didn't show up in the guide until Friday morning, I believe. I remember thinking WHEW as I was afraid it wasn't going to be available in HD.

I had it setup to record and started watching it about 10 minutes after it started recording. Game looked great, just didn't like the result.

Well :censored:! This is the first time I've had to do this, so how am I supposed to know. Thanks.

See, I understood this, but the game showed itself in the guide ON the HD channel. So I assumed that meant Dish would have it in HD.

You said you recorded the game. Recordings created by the guide start 1 minute early causing you to get a recording of the checkback later screen. (this is a software bug) If you are going to record a scheduled game on the HD sports channel you must set a manual recording to start 1 minute after the start time. If the guide shows 12:00 - 3:00 for the game, make your timer 12:01 - 3:00+extra to catch end if goes over and it will record.

You said you recorded the game. Recordings created by the guide start 1 minute early causing you to get a recording of the checkback later screen. (this is a software bug) If you are going to record a scheduled game on the HD sports channel you must set a manual recording to start 1 minute after the start time. If the guide shows 12:00 - 3:00 for the game, make your timer 12:01 - 3:00+extra to catch end if goes over and it will record.

That must be something new that started last week . I recorded almost every astros game on fsn and the alternative channels and my timer starts 1 min before and i get 1 minute of the "check back later screen" and then the game.
No problems ever.

A) I saw your post earlier in the thread.
B) I'm glad I don't do this often because that would piss me off (having to set manual timers).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts