Can someone help me figuring out how to return Dish equipment?

dish network thieves

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2013
hell
Last week I was sent an email that says they'd send me another email with tracking for their return box. That didn't happen. Yesterday, they supposedly left it at the end of a 1/4 mile driveway and it was stolen, or wasn't actually left there since I didn't see it at the same time I walked up to get my mail. They told me it would be delivered on 6/16 in the first place. I talked to someone on the chat that says I can't send it myself using USPS. The next person says that I can, and it takes me 4 different questions to get through to them that I do NOT have the address to send anything back, nor do I have instructions on how or what to send back.

They tell me to contact UPS and have it picked up. Okay? I'm supposed to randomly call them and ask them to come and ship this somewhere with no address? I even ask if they could provide me a way of printing my own label. Ignored. I finally get through to them and they give me this address:

DISH NETWORK
Dish Network Service
1285 JOE BATTLE RACE #9
EL PASO TX 79936

I look that up and it's a call center or something? On the Dish site, I'm seeing 525 Dunnett Court Spartanburg, SC 29303-6603 to ship equipment to... I'm confused. The person also says to send the Hopper with Sling receiver only. Still confused. I just want to ship it to the correct address in the correct way and be done with this. It shouldn't be this difficult to ship their 8 year old equipment back. On top of this, they call me and hang up on me before I even found out that they already shipped a return box. Please someone help me end this madness, so I don't have to fight with them over equipment charges.

Not sure about Dish but I returned DirecTV receivers last week. DTV told me to take them to UPS and they would handle everything, including packing at no charge. UPS gave me a receipt showing that I had shipped the receivers, and listed all the serial numbers on it. I didn't have to provide an address...they knew it. Might be worth a call to UPS and confirm that they do the same for Dish receivers.

Thanks for the replies. I finally got a shipping label I can print out. I'm planning on shipping the receiver, node, LNB, and the original remote with receiver antenna for it. One of the people on their chat said just the receiver. The next person didn't tell me anything after asking specifically what to send back. I've talked/chatted with 4 different people today. You'd think if this equipment is so valuable to them, they'd put in more effort to help me get it to them instead of every single person giving me different answers or addresses or other info.

Okay, now I have hopefully 1 last question. Is it normal for the shipping label they sent me show the weight as 1LB? I'm just wondering if that's some sort of placeholder or something, since they wouldn't know the weight of the package being returned... I never ship UPS, so this process using their site and creating labels is confusing.

Okay, now I have hopefully 1 last question. Is it normal for the shipping label they sent me show the weight as 1LB? I'm just wondering if that's some sort of placeholder or something, since they wouldn't know the weight of the package being returned... I never ship UPS, so this process using their site and creating labels is confusing.
Don't worry about it. The label that they provided will be fine. If there is anything due in postage they will take care of it at their end. This is common for return package labels.

... I finally get through to them and they give me this address:

DISH NETWORK
Dish Network Service
1285 JOE BATTLE RACE #9
EL PASO TX 79936

I look that up and it's a call center or something? On the Dish site, I'm seeing 525 Dunnett Court Spartanburg, SC 29303-6603 to ship equipment to... I'm confused. ...
The El Paso address is Dish Networks refurbishment facility.

The South Carolina address, I don't know about, maybe for the east coast.
I can confirm that both addresses are valid. I have sent receivers to both of those places at some point or other in the past.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts