Can the 622 output Optical and Stereo audio at the same time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nickbuol

Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
Marion, IA
I've been searching here and at other forums online and still can't seem to find the answer to my question, so after about 90 minutes of researching, I thought I would just ask a question.

I am wanting to hook up a SlingBox to my Dish 622 that is being installed an a week, but here is my problem.

I want to attach a SlingBox to the TV1 on the 622 since it will be feeding my home theater (TV2 will be sent to my kitchen TV, and thus TV1 will be more "available" during the day so that I am not disruptiing other viewing going on at home).

My 622 will have video out via component to my A/V receiver, which then sends it to my HD projector. The 622 will also be sending audio out via the optical output to my A/V receiver.

The SlingBox doesn't support optical audio, so I would need to use the Red/White stereo RCA jacks for audio for the SlingBox, but still want to have optical audio to my Home Theater.

So does the 622 output audio in 5.1 (when broadcast in 5.1 obviously) via optical AND in stereo via the red/white RCA plugs at the same time?

I guess a secondary question would also be does the 622 output via component and either S-Video or composite (yellow RCA plug) at the same time (understanding that only the component would be HD)? I could get by with a cheaper SlingBox if it does that as well.

Thanks so much.

Can't confirm slingbox... but I have the hdmi going to my A/V receiver, and stereo and video for tv1 going to my vcr. I also have stereo from tv2 going to my A/V reciever and then to "power" a second reciever for my patio. Just a note on using the tv2 outs: you have to have the 622 in single mode for it to work in the second location.

Yes. I have my TV1 HDMI and optical audio hooked to my AV receiver and TV2 connections (component + red/white audio) hooked to my slingbox solo. Works fine.

OK, but I don't want to do anything with the TV2 and the SlingBox. TV2 needs to not have the SlingBox connected to it since that will be used more by other people than TV1. Let me rephrase since I was confusing in my description.

I ultimately want:
TV1 - Component video (Y, Pb, Pr) to go through the SlingBox and then to my A/V Receiver
TV1 - Optical audio to go to my A/V Receiver
TV1 - Red/White stereo RCA to go to the SlingBox

TV2 just goes to TV2 via Coax - No SlingBox

Since the Component video is just passed through via the SlingBox, the video should work just fine, but the audio is what I am wondering about since it is the TV1 optical AND TV1 stereo red/white RCA jacks on the 622.

Hopefully that makes more sense.

Since the Component video is just passed through via the SlingBox, the video should work just fine, but the audio is what I am wondering about since it is the TV1 optical AND TV1 stereo red/white RCA jacks on the 622.

Both audio outs are hot at the same time. This should work just fine.

Sweet! Thanks! I have an opportunity to get a pretty good price on a SlingBox if I get it by the end of the weekend, and I wasn't going to have my 622 upgrade yet so this definately helps. Thanks again!

OK, but I don't want to do anything with the TV2 and the SlingBox. TV2 needs to not have the SlingBox connected to it since that will be used more by other people than TV1. Let me rephrase since I was confusing in my description.

I ultimately want:
TV1 - Component video (Y, Pb, Pr) to go through the SlingBox and then to my A/V Receiver
TV1 - Optical audio to go to my A/V Receiver
TV1 - Red/White stereo RCA to go to the SlingBox

TV2 just goes to TV2 via Coax - No SlingBox

Hopefully that makes more sense.
I don't know what I was smoking this morning! :D

I am not using component on TV2 as there is not component on TV2. Duh!!!

I have HDMI on 1 and optical audio on TV1 run to AV receiver. I have component and r/w audio on TV1 run to slingbox solo. Nothing on the outs of the slingbox.

I have my slingbox setup the same way. Works great!
Now, just waiting on a slingplayer for my iphone coming soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)