Can the DP34 switch be pole mounted ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
:| I have only two recievers and only two lines for the recievers run inside the house from the dish 500. I know there will be an additional third line ran from the superdish for the 105 satillite. Can I pole mount the DP34 switch in a weatherproof box so I will not have to run the third line all the way into the house? If this can be done what are the demensions of the switch as to aquire the correct size box? Also Scott, I have called 4 times to order the superdish and have not been able to, the CSR's tell me there computers are down and to call in a couple days. Could it be they just dont have enough to go around? Thanks for all your advice. The Byrd Watcher

AppliedAggression said:
it could. i'd like to hear about the ppl that have already done it. Do you actually bury the box or hang it on the pole?

As a professional installer, I have often hung them on a pole in a weatherproof box.

Could it be they just dont have enough to go around?
I believe there is a supply problem, and they are prioritizing cities with SuperDISH locals. A whole truck load was delivered in Albany, NY today - all sold before they hit the ground.

Tim

What is a super dish

Hi folks, I keep hearing about this super dish and I'm wondering what it is. I have what I think is a pretty new dish it is a 500 series and I've had it about a year. What are the advantages of this super dish and what does it do? Thanks for any help. Bob

stratguy said:
Hi folks, I keep hearing about this super dish and I'm wondering what it is. I have what I think is a pretty new dish it is a 500 series and I've had it about a year. What are the advantages of this super dish and what does it do? Thanks for any help. Bob

If you need it to get local channels it replaces that little 20" dish with a big 36" dish that is harder to mount and aim. There is little super about it except you can get local channels delivered by satellite. :(

stratguy said:
SuperDish adds a specific 3rd satellite - either 105 or 121 and also has the standard 110/119 LNBFs. Basically used for LiL (Local-into-Local) service. there's not much else on those 2 birds except some foreign language stuff on 121.

Nice guys

Thanks guys, I am finding some really helpful people on here. As far as the Super Dish goes it sounds like I do not need one of them, Thanks again.

The only thing super about the SuperDish is its size. I would rather have this option to get the locals then no option at all. Most people agree when it comes to getting their long awaited local stations (at least in my area).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts