Can the new Birdog 4.0 power an SWM lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dtvtij2007

Original poster
Feb 8, 2009
cinci , ohio
The question I have that no one has been able to answer yet is : Can the new Birdog 4.0 power an SWM lnb or does it (the LNB) need an external power supply apart from the Birdog 4.0. I have been out of the loop for a year now and going back to SUB-CON in march and I need to know what the best version of Birdog is for the new SWM applications . Thanks for any who can help. Thomas J

According to this descripton.
Birdog 4.0 USB Plus
You need to use the power inserter for the SWM LNB.
To align the integrated SWM LNBs (SL5S or SL3S) with a Birdog meter, you must use a single port power passing splitter, rated at least 2mHz to 2150mHz, Connect the SWM power inserter to the power passing port of the splitter, connect the Birdog to the non-power passing port.

Yeah thats what I have read as well but all of the instructions of that type have specifically said 3.0 or earlier version birdog . I am not sure .

ok so i just got off the phone with the guys at perfect 10 and they are telling me that the 4.0 version will not power a swm lnb , but the NEWEST VERSION BIRDOG ULTRA will in fact power the swm lnb. I guess I have answered my own question. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts