CAn they do this

ThomasRz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2006
I read in another post that Dish is putting SD locals on one satellite and HD locals on another. Isnt the goal to have all locals on one satellite just like analog? I know there is Dish500 but not everybodyhas one. Whats next 480p on satellite 1;720p on satellite 2; 1080 on a third. It doesnt make sense to be usiing a different satellite depending on the resolution of the program. Isnt it all bits?

nope

The FCC rule said that all SD locals had to be able to be received with one dish. This can be a Dish 500, Dish1000 or Superdish

HD is exempt from this rule. Some HD locals are on 129 but the ones that can't see 129 are on 61.5 Also some are on 118.7 (Detroit & St Louis)

Also there are some SD markets that are 148 only. The rule said that all locals have to be recieved with one dish. It doesn't even have to be the same as the other programming (the 148 locals)

SD and HD locals were never stated that they would have all on one satillite. The one dish solution was that sd locals would be done that way. in other words, sd could be split on 110 and 119 and they leave the HD on 61.5. I have NY locals, for years sd were on 119 and 61.5, they added HD on 61.5 and when the locals had to be moved, the sd on 61.5 were moved to 110. The HD stayed on 61.5.

All SD locals must be on the same dish
All HD locals must be on the same dish
However HS & SD do NOT need to be on the same dish and locals also do NOT need to be on the same dish as the rest of your programing.

Thats crazy. If there is a SD program running, the transponder on the HD satellite has nothing to do. Why not just do it the same way they do analog?

And once a city goes digital why keep the old signals - theyre just taking up space.

:eureka shush!!!! don't give them any ideas they will spread them all over!!! lol i think they did whats right put the SD on one and hd on another. there are going to be problems until they get everything in line. then they will screw it all up again by a dead sat or new channels. lets put playboy in between Disney and the cartoon network lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)