Can TV2 on a 722 be made to receive IR?

N5LS

Original poster
Sep 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Have been an E* subscriber for 7 years. Just upgraded my 501 receiver with a 722 (not 722k).

I've had my house wired with IR reciever modules at each remote TV in the house with Channel Plus distribution/IR amplifier and Channel Plus SVM4 modulator in a rack at TV.

After being thoroughly frustrated during setup of TV2 remotes, it seems that my set of 6.3 "TV2 UHF PRO/IR" remotes dont transmit IR, even after I change the "A-B" switch inside the battery compartment of the TV2 remotes. I say that because the Channel Plus IR remote receivers "blink" with a red LED when a valid IR signal is received and relayed.

Moreover, "tech support" at Dish tells me that the 722 wont even listen to IR signals coming from TV2...that it will ONLY listen for UHF signals.

I hate to abandon my whole house IR system. UHF only marginally covers my house. I have to hold the remote in the air (or out my window) of my master bedroom to get a UHF signal to the 722.

Is there such a thing as a software/upgrade that will make my 722 listen for IR on TV2? Can I even BUY an IR TV2 remote?

Thanks so much all of you for your expertise!

Thanks ! After reading this wonderful first look, I went to Dishstore and ordered one.

Are the ir-uhf convertors already available?

You guys have saved the day !

Thanks, Ed and KAB!

Will I be able to use my "TV2" remote with this kit, or do I have to order a Harmony remote for TV2 now?

Larry.

Anyone?
Will the TV2 Remote work with the new IR extender? Or will I need to buy a Harmony or other "smart" aftermarket IR remote?

Thanks!

Remove the battery cover, pull the blue chip out, flip it to black side and reinsert. It will now transmit (old style) UHF and IR.

dont forget, you have to "register" the remote address for tv2 on the system info screen at tv1 when you change from ir/uhf or any adapters the remote address must be registered on the receiver to work the 2nd tuner:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)