Can you burn shows from the HR21-700???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

myknginny

Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Bear with me a min so I can tell ya'll my situation and get some informed responses thank you! We've had the HR21-700 for about 2-3 months. It works great for us wife records everything the whole family misses... The children have a SD Tv in there rooms with no HD. They also have a big Tv in there play room with no sat tv cause it is also there school room. We do not want to add a Sat reciver to that room! But there are some things on tv Ie..... Discovery, Nat Geo, S.I. , Nasa, Travel channel we record and would like to work into there home school lessons. Is there a way to burn those shows so it can be saved ? So all 3 of our children get to see them. Thanks for any replys... The site is awsome going to order a1TB Drive right now!:)
Thanks Myk P

Bear with me a min so I can tell ya'll my situation and get some informed responses thank you! We've had the HR21-700 for about 2-3 months. It works great for us wife records everything the whole family misses... The children have a SD Tv in there rooms with no HD. They also have a big Tv in there play room with no sat tv cause it is also there school room. We do not want to add a Sat reciver to that room! But there are some things on tv Ie..... Discovery, Nat Geo, S.I. , Nasa, Travel channel we record and would like to work into there home school lessons. Is there a way to burn those shows so it can be saved ? So all 3 of our children get to see them. Thanks for any replys... The site is awsome going to order a1TB Drive right now!:)
Thanks Myk P

Sure, just use the output of the dvr to the appropriate input on a dvd recorder. You have to record it in real time. BTW, don't get a Western Digital My Book hard drive, they are not compatible.

Ty

Thanks Chip I needed to ask my question in another way.... sometime with 3 kids running around I dont always get it out right the first time! lol Ok I was wondering if ya can burn recorded shows off the DVR? Thanks again

Sure, just use the output of the dvr to the appropriate input on a dvd recorder. You have to record it in real time. BTW, don't get a Western Digital My Book hard drive, they are not compatible.

Last edited:
Same as above.

By burn in real time, he simply means that unlike a data disk where you can burn a couple of hours of mp3s in just a few minutes, it will take the full length of the program to burn it onto a DVD (1/2 hr, 1 hr, etc.).

Ahhh thanks!!

Ahhhh I see says the blind man......Still learning Thanks very much.

Kinda sucks

Kinda sucks i was hoping to plug in wireless or hook up to my laptop burn it quick and be done... but I understand why they dont to many copyright issues otherwise.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Which poll question do you agree with?

Hawaii Directv experiences

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)