Can you control an HR24 from another HR24 ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gjolsen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
New Hampshire
Directv is offering me a 2nd HR24 receiver (rather than getting an HR34). I was under the impression that an HR24 could not be managed from another HR24 (setting up series in the Series manager, or setting up recordings), but the person I spoke with at Directv says that it can - is this true ??

The answer is a resounding NO. The only way 2 DVR's will work together is with a Central DVR list and the ability to share the recordings from each DVR. There is no way you can set or manage timers of one DVR from another DVR.

John

I have two DVRs and there is no real way to do that. I use my cell phone to set timers on my preferred DVR without actually going to each one every time I want to record something. You can, however, delete shared recordings from another DVR. Managing the timers has to be done manually at each DVR though.

.. or when there's a conflict.. It would be nice when a conflict occurs or you don't want to cancel one recording to keep watching what you're watching, to be able to send the recording to another DVR.. Or better yet utilize collaborative scheduling where the DVRs optimize the recordings by themselves - sending overlapping recordings on one DVR to another DVR with an idle tuner first.

Thanks for the replies. I thought this was the case, and I said that to the guy at Directv and he assured me that it could (wish these guys knew their stuff) !!

.. or when there's a conflict.. It would be nice when a conflict occurs or you don't want to cancel one recording to keep watching what you're watching, to be able to send the recording to another DVR.. Or better yet utilize collaborative scheduling where the DVRs optimize the recordings by themselves - sending overlapping recordings on one DVR to another DVR with an idle tuner first.
They gotta leave something for the next generation of receivers, I suppose.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)