Can you force the Hopper to release a tuner?

Dudleydog73

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I have been playing around with my Sling Adapter on my Hopper and have been having a lot of problems lately. I am on S211 and what is happening lately is when I connect my Dish app on my iPhone to my receiver, I get the option to watch on my iPhone when I select a channel on Live TV which is normal. But what is happening more often then not is I get a popup window stating that there is no available tuner to Sling but I see my show in the background playing so I know that a tuner was available but there is no way to cancel the annoying screen popup.

After I get annoyed at it I disconnect from the Dish app and now I see that the Hopper is showing that it is still "watching" the channel that I was trying to view via Sling and I have been unable to get the Hopper to release it to show Available like the other tuner does when not in use.

I tried using the PiP menu which does bring up the other tuner in a window, but when I cancel PiP it still shows that my Hopper is "watching" that channel.

How do I make the Hopper release the tuner after the Sling adapter client disconnects?

Ive had all tuners available and until I got s211 I never received the message that you are getting...what has worked for me is (im on my phone using sling) is I hit live tv and the picture comes up

The Hopper has two tuners in use due to having the pip, not using the pip does not mean the tuner is not in use as is still engaged as a buffer for another program. I believe the only way to release the tuner is to turn off the Hopper.

Have you tried the red button and select a tuner thats in use - should free one up. Of course that won't help if you using the sling from somewhere else.

As long as the PIP tuner is not delayed from live and not onscreen, it's available to Joeys or for recording even though the viewing status screen shows watching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts