Can you have 2 dishes with Voom?

ChrisDuncan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 16, 2005
This may sound crazy, but could you have 3 Voom receivers and use 2 different dishes?

I currently have Voom in my guest house which I turned into a movie theater with a projector, etc. The Voom dish is mounted on a pole in my yard which is about 25' from my house.
I have DirecTV in the house, but if I can get a decent OTA antenna and start getting my locals then I'd like to drop DirecTV and reaim my dish that's on my roof to 61.5.

So would there be any problem with using 2 different dishes to get Voom? One receiver in the theater and 2 in the house? This would save me from running more cable (not sure how the OTA antenna deal is going to work out yet though).

Probably a dumb question, as I don't see why it would matter but you never know....

It'll work

It works fine. If you don't mind pointing the dish yourself the D* dish will work. I was playing with it using a plain 'ol single LNB D* dish and it works perfect. The standard 9.99 RCA diplexers form Home depot worked good on both ends too. I didn't try the 9.99 diplexer with the Voom supplied diplexor on the STB side. I'll save that for another day of experimentation :).

My next test will be with a surplus Primestar dish / D* LNB.

Shawn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)