Can you move a recorded program from one recvr to another using external drive?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kscott

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2008
I have 2 ViP612's and 1 ViP722. If I record a program on one of them and move it to an external drive - can I then physicall move the external drive to one of the other receivers, plug it in, and watch the program on it?

(I haven't paid to activate the external drive on any of the receivers yet. I was just curious if it could be done.)

Thanks in advance-

What would really make our VIP receivers insanely great (apologies to Steven Jobs) would be to enable them to share disks via Ethernet. No EHD necessary.

Yes, you can move the disk to any 6x2/722 on your household account. The limitation on moves was before there was a household key. Find it in menu-6-3-counters-pagedown*6. I suppose the same is true for the 2xx series but separately, unfortunately.

If you have trouble with a recorder saying it now wants to reformat a previously used Dish disk, then ask for a hit. This changes the household key on all your machines so you may have to have all on-line but can be done while active. In my 2 cases of 3 units for the hit, one of each hit still ended with a different key in the last hex-digit but worked. How?

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts