Can you use a power inserter on DISH Network without a 44 switch?

Shanet83

Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
Little River
Hello my name is Shane and I'm a DISH Network sub contractor. I've been doing this job a little over a year and I'm curious is there a way to put a power inserter on a RECEIVER like the HOPPER to get the DBM down? I've ran into a few scenarios where I installed the DISH where I had los but the line would be long and the DBMs would be high causing issues, but there's no way to get them down. Is there a model per inserter out there that would help with this problem? Thanks for any advice.

Hello my name is Shane and I'm a DISH Network sub contractor. I've been doing this job a little over a year and I'm curious is there a way to put a power inserter on a RECEIVER like the HOPPER to get the DBM down? I've ran into a few scenarios where I installed the DISH where I had los but the line would be long and the DBMs would be high causing issues, but there's no way to get them down. Is there a model per inserter out there that would help with this problem? Thanks for any advice.

welcome i see your new

did you know theres a private group here for dealers and installers.

you can e mail scott for access

No I wasnt aware of that. I don't know who Scott is? I'm still learning the site as I just found it today. Some really good threads. I like it.

you dont want to use a 44 switch power inserter for that. may fry lnbf. install a line amp inline at lnbf. that will get you a few more feet of cable run. also limit connections. take the barrel out of your wall plate and anywhere else in line.

you dont want to use a 44 switch power inserter for that. may fry lnbf. install a line amp inline at lnbf.

Does dish provide this line amps? I seen them only ones?
Had few cases with power inserter installed (without 44SW) and everything is been working fine for many years, on the other site some of the older techs claimed that the power inserter does not improve anything?

Does dish provide this line amps? I seen them only ones?
Had few cases with power inserter installed (without 44SW) and everything is been working fine for many years, on the other site some of the older techs claimed that the power inserter does not improve anything?

I doubt it would do much. It would help with voltage drop to the LNBF, especially if you have some high resistance connections.

But I doubt it would make much difference in the signal strength or S/N ratio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)