Canada TV App Roku

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
For basically a $2.00 per month subscription via Roku, you can get Canadian channels' CPAC HD, Citytv Breakfast Television, Cityline HD(broadcasts morning only), the Shopping Channel, Global Toronto HD, Global Halifax HD, Global BC HD, the Weather Network, & TVA SD. History Canada HD & CBC Tele HD aren't working yet, & CTV HD is listed as coming soon. Global TV carries a lot of live CBS programs like Supergirl & Limitless, & NBC programs like the Blacklist. For cord cutters who don't have an OTA setup to watch live network programming, this is an adequate substitute for some programming, especially when CTV comes online & functions, unlike the current status of History Canada & CBC Tele.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitewolf8214
Which Roku channel is this? Also, most of the content described is available in private channels at no charge.

Great if you have the bandwidth available.
Still struggling to find a provider (other than satellite that charges per MB) that can supply more than 1Mb/s in this area. No DSL here just oversold wireless providers.
/end of rant.

Which Roku channel is this? Also, most of the content described is available in private channels at no charge.
Global TV Canada live streaming AND CTV Canada live streaming are available at no charge in the U.S., without having to use a VPN? Where can I find the links? Besides it is only $2.00 per month.

A few CTV channels from the Mountain and Pacific time zones are available on the XTV app, nothing from the east. And they are not very reliable, I have found the channels in the CanadaTV app to be rock-solid.

Reactions: Bodo Fenrirsson
And meanwhile there is a CBC app for Plex, it gets the live news but for everything else I've tried on it I get an error message. I'm in the US.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)