Canadian HD Sucks! Dish Way Better!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Uplink

Satellite Guy
Supporting Founder
Nov 3, 2004
Canadian HDTV Sucks so badly. You never know when it is going to be hdtv. Most of the time its just SD being transmitted as HD. And when its hdtv its poor quality, and the signal from the satellite is really weak in the US!

Dish Network and DirecTV HD are much better!

The canadian systems are getting shut off for a few days at a time and then getting turned back on due to late payments by the brokers. Once they figure out you are an american they will shut you off for good and you won't be able to have them turn your system back on.

Word to the wise- Avoid Canadian HD!

I love Canadian HD, both East and West Coast Networks in HD plus other channels not available here in the states. :)

Yeah I have to agree with Scott.

Canadiens have it maide, they get all our Networks as well as our sports with no blackout problems.

Heck, it's easier for canadiens to watch our american programs in HD than it is for us in america :(

I am going to try to be nice on this one (but it’s going to be reeeeal hard to do

What the hell is with this post?…The last thing I want to do is deter people from getting any service, whether it be legal or grey (black is the exception..don’t believe in that).

I would have nuked it but there are posts in it.

Most of the US Nets programs are in HD. So if you can get them OTA, it probably isn’t for you. If you cannot get them good enough, then HD is an option. Don’t turn people off by saying “you never know when it will be HD”. The only thing you may not know is which feed you get, the US net or the Candian net (and we can thank CRTC for that).

Yes, there are lots of upconverts on ExpressVu, but there are upconverts on other providers too. StarChoice mostly eliminates them with the omnibus channels. Most of the time it will be HD.

Just because a few people are playing chicken little “the sky is falling…need HD”, lets not deter people from Canadian TV. Hell, the Canadians can use all the money they can get : )

Heck, my broker is happy for the referrals. And I have no problem giving them more referrals as long as people have the equipment.

Uplink, I understand your concerns (via the PM)…but telling people false statements doesn’t fly with me.

-Berg

Rant off. And thread closed…....damn I need a cigarette...ok maybe another cherry coke :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Need Broker Info

Post Your Northern/Southern Set-up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)