Cancel the service call ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dmigut

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 27, 2004
As of Friday my 722 and 722k had 0/5 signal and weren't obtaining it. Soft resets, hard resets.........nothing. Did a check switch test, gave me some message about seeing fewer satellites and proceeding could change my setup. I called tech support, filled them in and they arranged a tech to come out on Sunday.

Now, it's 7:30 Saturday and I now have a signal. Why didn't I have one for 36 hours ? Should I still have the tech come out or cancel ? Anybody with any experience with this kind of situation ?

Any idea why no signal yesterday, like weather?

If it's good now, you can have it checked, but what will it cost you. No sense paying for a call if it's not necessary. You can always reschedule if it kicks up again.

Any idea why no signal yesterday, like weather?

If it's good now, you can have it checked, but what will it cost you. No sense paying for a call if it's not necessary. You can always reschedule if it kicks up again.

That's what is odd, the weather was great. My connections were all fine, and all my neighbors with Dish had no signal loss problems. When I have lost the signal before for weather, its brief. This was a day and a half...................I think you are right though, I am going to cancel the call and if it happens again I'll deal with it then.

Did you try a power cord reboot when your receiver showed a problem?

If not, the nightly reboot may have fixed the software glitch.

Did you try a power cord reboot when your receiver showed a problem?

If not, the nightly reboot may have fixed the software glitch.

I did do the power cord reboot yesterday. Maybe it was the nightly reboot. I was gone today at a college football game, so I hadn't tried the tv.

Ok, so I cancelled the service call for this morning as I had a signal last night................I wake up this morning, and NO SIGNAL again, just stuck on 0/5 progress in acquiring satellite signal. Good grief !

With my limited knowledge I wonder if it is the lnb or a switch ? Now I need to reschedule a service call.

Ok, so I cancelled the service call for this morning as I had a signal last night................I wake up this morning, and NO SIGNAL again, just stuck on 0/5 progress in acquiring satellite signal. Good grief !

With my limited knowledge I wonder if it is the lnb or a switch ? Now I need to reschedule a service call.

Something must be up with the receivers. Last two days got a notice that I've never seen before. "Complete Signal Loss" was the heading. Or it may have been "Total Signal Loss". Should have paid closer attention. Sky was totally clear yesterday. No problems with my 4900 connected to the same dish. Signal came back after reset. Happened 3 times. :confused::confused:

Has it rained alot at your location?? Follow the wires out to the dish.. unscrew the connectors and look at the center conductors to see if any water has ate them out...this will happen if the connectors are from a downward drop of the wire instead of a loop going up into the connections. Sounds like the wire is getting eat out by water which is why I've asked or something has caused damage to the line. I've seen perfectly good wire go bad from voltage spikes which made it hard to find as well.

Has it rained alot at your location?? Follow the wires out to the dish.. unscrew the connectors and look at the center conductors to see if any water has ate them out...this will happen if the connectors are from a downward drop of the wire instead of a loop going up into the connections. Sounds like the wire is getting eat out by water which is why I've asked or something has caused damage to the line. I've seen perfectly good wire go bad from voltage spikes which made it hard to find as well.

Did have very heavy rains recently. Connections are from loop going up. But will check just in case. :)

Just to put this thread to bed: There were come cables with corrosion connected to the dish. The tech also replaced the ground box. Good as new.

Just to put this thread to bed: There were come cables with corrosion connected to the dish. The tech also replaced the ground box. Good as new.

Exactly what I figured it would be....see it alot. Sometimes it happens quickly after a hard long rain event but most of the time its slowly over time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts