Canceled service, Dish won't send return box

chrischris

Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
I moved out of my house June 1st and had to cancel my service for other reasons as well. I went through the process with Dish and was told I would be given $40 back for the service I paid for and should expect a UPS box shipped to me so that I can mail the receiver back. Fast forward to today, where last week I talked to my FOURTH rep. about how I have yet to receive my box to ship the receiver back.

I am so frustrated. I do not want to be charged $300 for the stupid thing that I have no use for. I have talked to four different representatives who have all told me that I can expect the shipping box at my new address in a few days. Its been six weeks!

Can anyone suggest what I should do to get this damn box back to them?

I moved out of my house June 1st and had to cancel my service for other reasons as well. I went through the process with Dish and was told I would be given $40 back for the service I paid for and should expect a UPS box shipped to me so that I can mail the receiver back. Fast forward to today, where last week I talked to my FOURTH rep. about how I have yet to receive my box to ship the receiver back.

I am so frustrated. I do not want to be charged $300 for the stupid thing that I have no use for. I have talked to four different representatives who have all told me that I can expect the shipping box at my new address in a few days. Its been six weeks!

Ask for the address it is going back to, and the rma number. Pack it up ur self at a ups store or similar place and send it back ground. w/tracking.

I deactivated a receiver once and it took over 2 months to get the return box. I upgraded an 811 to a 622 last month and it took one week to get the return box for the 811. So I'd say sooner or later you will eventually get it.

Call them back and tell them you haven't received the return box. If you don't return the receiver, they could charge you for it.

happened to me. I returned 2 211's for the OTA issue and they only credited one back to my account. I had to go back to the shipping location and get a copy and call E* with both tracking numbers in order to get the credit for the second one. It's always good to document everything with any company

Send an email to ceo@dishnetwork.com so you have proof they are at fault in case they charge you for the receiver.

THAT....is a waste of time, you just have no idea... I'm not gonna enlighten you on this one though. :)

Ask for the address it is going back to, and the rma number. Pack it up ur self at a ups store or similar place and send it back ground. w/tracking.

1285A Joe Battle Blvd.
El Paso, TX 79936

If people are worried about possibly getting charged $300, even wrongly, how much will it cost to straighten it out later ?? Get the address (zero327 just posted it) and send it back yourself !! It will cost about $15 via UPS.

HA! I've got you ALL beat by more than a hundred miles. I deactivated my 522 when I was not impressed with the reciever's features and whatnots. When I originally did the dish n it up..I stressed the no contract route and I recieved a written paper stating I was under no contract with the 522. Anyways...I wasnt impressed with the 522 and called Dish to deactivate it and re-activate my old trusties. They told me they'd send return boxes. Well..6 weeks later..nothing. I called and was told the same thing, but they'd send a new one out. The whole process happened over like 3 or 4 times. After the 4th, I just quit. I would wait for them to charge me and then raise the roof on em.
Fast forward to exactly a year and a half later, I FINALLY got the return boxes for 522. I promptly packed it up and shipped it off. Never got charged for anything. Damn..they musta done some inventories and noticed they were "off" by 1 reciever. Hehe...can any one beat that?

If anyone is scared of getting charged by Dish, just cancel the credit card you have attached to the account and get another credit card. Walla, they can't charge you if they don't have a card to charge to.

...and voilà (I think you meant Walla Walla, a town in Washington), suddenly you have much worse problems because you are using products and services from Dish Network without paying for them...

The charge just goes toward your Dish Network account alongside your regular monthly charges. So in other words, whatever you would do to prevent that charge from being paid would also prevent all of your charges from being paid. Might sound like a good idea at first...:rolleyes:

When I took off a reciever on my account, I waited about 2 months before a box was shipped. Once I got the box I never sent it, till UPS came to the door and asked if I was ready to send it back.

Fast forward to exactly a year and a half later, I FINALLY got the return boxes for 522. I promptly packed it up and shipped it off. Never got charged for anything. Damn..they musta done some inventories and noticed they were "off" by 1 reciever. Hehe...can any one beat that?

You should have sent Dish a bill for "storage charges"! ;)

I had to call 3 times to get a box. :confused:

I had a guy show up at my door last week to install a box i ordered last May LOL, and I didnt even call E* to do an install anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)