canceled service on Monday

clydesam

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I canceled service on Monday after almost 3yrs. Tried to get a deal to stay. They wouldnt do anything. So after chatting with csr and phone calls. No offers worth for staying. Got two phones since then. Wed wasnt available to answer the call and left no message on answering machine. Then last night answered caller id said acct management. So answering it was dish trying to keep as a customer. I guess before sending the equipment back. No deals other than what was said before canceling. I dont know why they just dont come right and ask what would make me stay. First offer $l0 off for 5mos,sec try hbo/sho free for 3 mos. Not really enough. I kept saying I would stay if I could get the same offers as new customers and didnt say it but might be willing to commit to 24 mos. Since that is incl in the new customers offer. A lady I work with has had dish for 3 yrs or more. When I told her I had canceled . She told me she did the same cost going up. And hung up and her boyfriend or hushand. Anyway different last name. Ordered it under a new customer offer. Of course she new she has too send back equipment. My partner doesnt want to have an acct in his name. He pays the condo fee and mortgage. I pay all utilities in my name . Then split the difference. It seems to me I have heard of others doing that. It seems offering customers having at 3 yrs or more the same offer as new customerswould save them money. Not having to send installer and sending new equipment. I wishing I had mentioned that without giving out any names which I dont there address or last names anyway. Also mentioned having too pay $15 to get back their equipment is outrageous and having to pay after $6 service plan if the equipment is also outrageous. Mentioned no cable company I have ever heard of charges or offers a service plan . She claims she has Comcast in colorado because oh her side of apt cant get dish. I have her of that has anyone else. may ask Monday when have install for phone service monday.

Last edited:
In order to sign up a new account you would need: new name, address, phone number, social security number, credit card, and birth date.

In order to sign up a new account you would need: new name, address, phone number, social security number, credit card, and birth date.
I was thinking so too. I could see how she could get around all of it except address. Unless she said she was moving and couldnt get dish where she would moving too and maybe she has PO Box to send last bill

Why is it people think this

Why is it I read similar post about how we should get big freebies. You've already said you have only been the co for 3 yrs yet you think you deserve a bunch of free stuff. You got free stuff when you started just like any new customer. You are the kind of customer that makes everyone else's bills go higher & higher cause "YOU" deserve more than anyone else. Sorry but I just don't see it. Bye guy and do this to some other company then whine about it to them in 3 yrs and see what it will get you there. :eek:

Why is it I read similar post about how we should get big freebies. You've already said you have only been the co for 3 yrs yet you think you deserve a bunch of free stuff. You got free stuff when you started just like any new customer. You are the kind of customer that makes everyone else's bills go higher & higher cause "YOU" deserve more than anyone else. Sorry but I just don't see it. Bye guy and do this to some other company then whine about it to them in 3 yrs and see what it will get you there. :eek:

I agree. To me, this is the problem with customers these days. They want everything for as cheap as possible and complain when things go up in price. When they do get something for the price they want, they complain about it being a cheap piece of crap. Companies have to make things cheap as possible to make money. If everyone would be willing to pay for what they want the business world would be so much better.

When I was a dish sub, if I even considering canceling they were right there to make me offer to feel loved. (Even basically gave me nhlci for free one year, 12 months of $15 credits, because I complained they did not have msg-hd). The only reason I did cancel, was over programing. I wanted my sports teams in hd and they weren't gonna deliver that at this point. Whom knows, maybe some day.

People also don't realize you have compare what get with what you get compared to the others, for the price you pay. And just look just at the price. you want HD and good service and a good DVR you have expect to pay for value.

Dear OP, two words...English Language. Learn it. And Oh, Boo Hoo Hoo.

When I was a dish sub, if I even considering canceling they were right there to make me offer to feel loved. (Even basically gave me nhlci for free one year, 12 months of $15 credits, because I complained they did not have msg-hd). The only reason I did cancel, was over programing. I wanted my sports teams in hd and they weren't gonna deliver that at this point. Whom knows, maybe some day.

They've been really stingy this year with retention offers compared to prior years. Last year was $10 per month for 12 months plus 3 months of the current movie offer. They were also giving some free 612/211 receiver upgrades. Maybe they think they have the best thing around so retention isn't as much an issue. <shrug>. I'm a 12 year sub and haven't ever received a free upgrade or anything else so these type of complaints really don't move me. I also agree these churners are driving costs up for the rest of us. It'd be different if I could stand the D* receivers and D* was a viable alternative. A weekend at the cabin with D* is enough for me.

business

They've been really stingy this year with retention offers compared to prior years. Last year was $10 per month for 12 months plus 3 months of the current movie offer. They were also giving some free 612/211 receiver upgrades. Maybe they think they have the best thing around so retention isn't as much an issue. <shrug>. I'm a 12 year sub and haven't ever received a free upgrade or anything else so these type of complaints really don't move me. I also agree these churners are driving costs up for the rest of us. It'd be different if I could stand the D* receivers and D* was a viable alternative. A weekend at the cabin with D* is enough for me.

I think they figured out that giving away the store everytime that a person leaves wasn't helping either the bottom line or churn. They probably are seeing pull the well I leave and come back in 2 or 4 yrs crowd was just jerking them around.

:up :up :up :up :up :up :up :up

I agree. To me, this is the problem with customers these days. They want everything for as cheap as possible and complain when things go up in price. When they do get something for the price they want, they complain about it being a cheap piece of crap. Companies have to make things cheap as possible to make money. If everyone would be willing to pay for what they want the business world would be so much better.
Unfortunately, the Cable/DBS/Telco provides encourage this behavior by advertising free installation, offering special "new customer" pricing, and tossing in various freebies like "free programming" for 3-6 months. Customers are naturally shocked when the promotions expire and they are paying full priceFortunately, competition encourages efficiency and creativity...so it's survival of the fittest. Personally, I am apt to pay a premium to stay with my FiOS service (their service and quality are that good), but it is an added benefit that their bundled pricing is less expensive than anything D*, E* or Cable are offering. Now...if customer can only get more programming package and a la carte options.

I think they figured out that giving away the store everytime that a person leaves wasn't helping either the bottom line or churn. They probably are seeing pull the well I leave and come back in 2 or 4 yrs crowd was just jerking them around.

Exactly. But, we'll keep seeing these posts...sadly. My last business before I semi-retired, FRIENDS of mine kept asking for freebies. My response, if you are my friend, support me, not exploit me.

I'd think of about it

Unfortunately, the Cable/DBS/Telco provides encourage this behavior by advertising free installation, offering special "new customer" pricing, and tossing in various freebies like "free programming" for 3-6 months. Customers are naturally shocked when the promotions expire and they are paying full priceFortunately, competition encourages efficiency and creativity...so it's survival of the fittest. Personally, I am apt to pay a premium to stay with my FiOS service (their service and quality are that good), but it is an added benefit that their bundled pricing is less expensive than anything D*, E* or Cable are offering. Now...if customer can only get more programming package and a la carte options.

If FIOS were in more than about 10 % of the country probably more would jump to them. I'd think about it seriously if available even though I like the L out of the E* DVR'S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)