Canceling installation

Layo5

Original poster
Feb 18, 2019
Iowa
Lol ok so i jst posted on the wrong forum askn for help, i meant to post here pls help me so i canceled my account yesterday before Installation and they said they weren't gna charge me the transaction was on pending yesterday but today i checkd my card nd it seems like they charged me even after i canceled ... will i get a refund ? If so When we'll my money come bck ?

This is for Dish , and its 170+ $ im talking talkn bout, nd 170$ is alot to me lol they said i would get a refund but no they still took the 170 some dollars from me even after i canceled, and they never even came out to install the equipment yet. But i read on their website and it said something about cancelation before (180) days and the money you paid won't be refunded back to you ... something like that.

This is for Dish , and its 170+ $ im talking talkn bout, nd 170$ is alot to me lol they said i would get a refund but no they still took the 170 some dollars from me even after i canceled, and they never even came out to install the equipment yet. But i read on their website and it said something about cancelation before (180) days and the money you paid won't be refunded back to you ... something like that.
You weren’t installed so you weren’t activated. You will get your money back. It takes several days, even a week for the transaction to reverse. If it doesn’t, simply go to your credit card company and challenge the charge.

Reactions: Layo5

You should call them. It should only take max 3-5 days.

Reactions: Layo5
Call your credit card company and dispute the charge.
If it is a PENDING charge (most likely, it is) they (the CC bank) will tell him to WAIT a number of days until the charge POSTS, and IF after that period Dish has NOT reversed the charge, to call them (the CC bank) back, and then the CC issuing bank will proceed with action. I would try contacting Dish one more time to resolve and get a stated period by which the charge should show up as being reversed/credited.

Further, he has up to 60 days to dispute the charge. Considering it can take a number of days for the seller and issuing bank to reverse charges, and because one does not want to get flagged by the bank as having too many charge disputes (and there can be a more than one or two of legitimate disputes in a year in some cases (disputes actions should be made judiciously), I would give Dish up to 2 weeks, a generous amount of time, for Dish to honor their word. By then, if not reversed, I would have the CC issuing bank take immediate action.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts