Canceling service with a contract

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Is lying to dish that you actually care to watch some of the programming on AMC to get a free Roku player ok also?

If you don't want to complain that your system doesn't work, then complain that Dish takes away your channels in your package without providing discounts, or raises your rates while your still under contract.

They are not a perfect company. Find something ligit and complain about that to get out of your agreement.

Is lying to dish that you actually care to watch some of the programming on AMC to get a free Roku player ok also?

If you don't want to complain that your system doesn't work, then complain that Dish takes away your channels in your package without providing discounts, or raises your rates while your still under contract.

They are not a perfect company. Find something ligit and complain about that to get out of your agreement.

Ya know, I didn't do that and I actually watch some AMC programming. Yeah, I could have gotten a free ROKU, but do you know what I did! I bought my own. They took a stand and I respect that. I respect my integrity as well.....

I got the free roko and don't feel bad about it at all. I called, asked for it, and AMC and dish got a new fan and customer. I didn't lie when they asked me questions, and I met their criteria.

What is being proposed as equal to that equates to fraud to me. The two are not even remotely comparable.
Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express

I got AMC but rarely watched it and never called for a freebie. But when I wanted streaming on my main TV, the posts about the Roku led me to buy their top of the line model.

Claude seems to have forgotten that Dish sent out both email and snail mail practically begging us to call for the Roku. Since he feels so negatively about Dish, perhaps he should leave the forum since he has nothing constructively to say.

What, im not allowed to tell the truth and speak bad about DISH?

What you are telling is how to do fraud & cause loss of money/income to other retailers. How you feel when you lose income because someone told your customers how to cheat.

Calling for roku or for half off premium packages is not the same. What next...you will tell dish customers how to get dish channels as FTA?

"Truth" is a very subjective word.
Truth .vs. fact is a decidedly religious debate that rises to jihad level and above.

What is more difficult to argue is that, outside of death, should anyone be released from their commitment simply because it is no longer in accordance with their current wishes.

Should parking meters offer refunds for unused time on the clock?

You know perfectly well that Dish's standard agreement allows this. So does DirecTV's, for that matter... I guess DirecTV fails your test for being "a perfect company" as well.

What you are telling is how to do fraud & cause loss of money/income to other retailers. How you feel when you lose income because someone told your customers how to cheat.

Calling for roku or for half off premium packages is not the same. What next...you will tell dish customers how to get dish channels as FTA?

The poster who started this thread had Dish a year, which is past the chargeback period. Its not costing a retailer any money if he cancels service now.

Dish just raised your rates from as little as $5 to $15 per month in some cases. But I guess thats ok that they went ahead and started to demand more money from you every month, especially from some customers who are still locked in a contract?

If it makes you feel good to do the right thing and pay a cancellation fee, then go ahead and be my guest. Me on the other hand are not about to pay a cancellation fee on anything be that Dish, Directv, Verizon, AT&T, or Comcast when I know that there are customers who are let out of their contract every day.

Just like you want all possible discounts like other customers are getting when they setup for new service, you should be able to get out a paying a cancellation fee like other customers do.

In this business very rarely will I see a customer voluntarly agree to pay a cancellation fee. They either don't pay the bill and the ballance never gets collected by the service provider, or the customer voluntarly cancels service and the fee is waived.

I had one just last week on Directv that got out of paying the cancellation fee because the customer claims they didn't sign a contract, and didn't want to be locked into a contract about a week after the system was installed.

I pulled the recording and we advised the customer of the contract, but seriously, what kind of bull sh*t excuse is that for wanting to get out of a contract?

Directv could have asked me for a copy of sales recording, they could have pulled the paperwork, but they did none of that and just took the customers word and cancelled out her account with no cancellation fee.

If it makes you sleep better at night, and if you got an extra couple hundred dollars laying around to pay it, then pay it.

But why pay it when others don't have to?

All im doing here is pointing out one of the many ways customers get out of their contract. I just like the attorney general suggestion because it creates extra hassle for Dish having to deal with it.

Here is another tip. Simply ask Dish to produce a signed copy if your contract. Unless an actual retailer did the installation, it's likely they will not be able to produce the paperwork because DNS technicians only have you sign a work order. The contract is apparently a verbal one given over the phone.

This would be incorrect information. DNS technicians are required to have customers sign all required agreements. Not just service agreements.

Write your state attorney general, make up some stuff about the system not working. Wait 3-4 weeks and you'll get a phone call from Dish letting you out of your contract.
So one type of fraud against Dish is unadvisable (moving, but changing the name, card, and address on a new account) while another is alright (which involves contacting the State's AG)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)