Cancellation Conundrum

nsps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Sorry for yet another Dish cancellation thread. I tried to bump an old one, because I didn't think the forum needed another, but the site wouldn't let me because it was too old. Before we start, here's a quick summary of info from past threads:

Things we know:
  • Cancellation will cost $12.50-$13.33 for every month you have left on your contract.
  • Dish will send boxes for you to return your equipment.
  • If you don't want to climb your roof to get the dish or something attached to the dish, you can probably avoid it by telling Dish that it's too high.

So here's my situation: My 18-month commitment to Dish should run out next month. I have a really good limited-time deal now that's too good to pass up. If I return to Dish, it won't be for at least a year, unless cable proves completely unbearable.

My question, then, is whether and how cancellation will be different if I ride out the rest of my contract versus if I cancel right now.

If I'll still need to go through the hassle of sending back my VIP722, booklets, equipment and all that, then it doesn't really make a difference. I assume I won't be able to playback existing DVR content or record OTA unless I'm an active subscriber, so keeping versus returning the DVR seems more a matter of convenience than anything else.

Am I missing any other factors to make me want to complete my commitment? Thanks for your input, all.

Whether you complete your commitment or not, you must return the DVR or you will get charged for it since it is only leased.

Whether you complete your commitment or not, you must return the DVR or you will get charged for it since it is only leased.

Thanks for the info. So the cancellation process is the same either way, other than the extra charge to end the contract early?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)