cancellation problem with me

medicalwaste

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 2, 2004
los angeles
i cancelled V* after 2 months. i have been reading about the cancellation issue for the past month, and it's happening to me too.

my billing cycle ends on the 7th of each month, so i called to cancel on the 5th of september. CSR scheduled equip. pick-up for 9/15. so just in case i got his full name and the work-order number.

yesterday, i received another statement ( past two month, i got these statements AFTER they charged my CC) saying that my CC will be charged on the 17th for 52 some dollars, for the dates of 9/8 thru 10/7.

funny thing is, i knew this might happen. funny thing is, i'm actually saying that i knew this might happen.

since they haven't actually charged my CC yet ( thanks to V*) im gonna call my CC and see what i can do.

i hope i don't have to come back here to get Wilt's email like others did.

by the way, i bought NFL SD TICKET on the 9th. when i activated D*, immediately i noticed V* had better picture AND sound on HD channels. i don't notice much diff. on SDs. do i regret leaving V*? no. unlike others, V*'s basic pack wasn't for me, for i never watched one whole movie on V* movie channels. HD channels i watched on V*, D* had it also.. though not as good as V*.

medicalwaste said:
funny thing is, i knew this might happen. funny thing is, i'm actually saying that i knew this might happen.

funny thing is Voom WILL charge your card in this instance if you don't actually cancel it (and get a new number!) Voom wants to think you are still a paying customer until the equipment has been picked-up and they have been officially notified by the de-installer.

funny thing is also that Sean seems to understand how bogus Voom's billing dept is these days and that you have to take drastic measures to protect yourself from such a "reputable" company

Similar thing here....I moved and had my account transferred. They said they would deactivate my old account and create a new account for the new address since it seems they have no system in place to simply move an account's address (go figure...).

Anyways, I just got a statement for my old address right after getting a bill for my new address. I called and they claim they will cancel my old account and credit the amount that was taken out of my credit card. Interesting thing is that for my new account, they have no automatic billing set up. I just received a paper bill indicating I need to send them a check, and when I look up my account on their website it says payment terms are cash. Funny thing is when I was transferring my account I asked them if I could have it set up this way and they said no, they required a credit card and had no way to just bill me for the service. Well, obviously they can. Are they just lying about this?? I'm going to wait and see what happens on the due date and see if my account status changed to autopay, but at the moment it appears that they CAN set people up to receive a regular bill without automatically charging your credit card.

lostcause said:
but at the moment it appears that they CAN set people up to receive a regular bill without automatically charging your credit card.
Oh, they can. I changed the account number on my CC and started mailing Voom checks when the bill came. My account is now magically set up that way - they even include a Voom-addressed envelope with my bill! :)

So why do they insist that it's impossible for them to do it when you ask them to???? What's the point of outright lying to their customers? Or is it just a case of grossly misinformed reps?

txcruiser said:
funny thing is also that Sean seems to understand how bogus Voom's billing dept is these days and that you have to take drastic measures to protect yourself from such a "reputable" company

Yes. Too many cases to ignore that this is a problem that easily could result in months of waiting for refund. So it is just better to cancel CC.

lostcause said:
So why do they insist that it's impossible for them to do it when you ask them to???? What's the point of outright lying to their customers? Or is it just a case of grossly misinformed reps?
Just a guess -- they're trained to say they can't do it (and perhaps they really don't know that they can) because Voom much prefers to use autopay (cheaper - and the added bonus of having you over a barrel by being able to take money whenever they want) and is hoping you'll just get frustrated and give up and do it their way (kinda like those automated phone systems where the goal is to get you to hang up before you actually speak to a person). My advice - force their hand. Change your credit card number and dare them to cancel a paying customer's account. My bet - they won't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts