Cancellation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
My one year commitment ends in early January. I know that Dish will send you boxes to send your receivers and remotes back. Also, I know they want the LNB. My question is this...Will my installer return and take the dish down, etc. (for a fee of course) or am I stuck doing that myself?

I don't know what DISH's policy is but, in my opinion, if they want it, they can come and take it down for free. If they want you to pay for it, in the words of Ron White, "I don't think so scooter."

But they don't want the Dish back, so if you want to take it down, you can call Dish for a $29 service call or someone else to do it, or just leave it up.

BFG said:
But they don't want the Dish back, so if you want to take it down, you can call Dish for a $29 service call or someone else to do it, or just leave it up.

Why wouldn't they want it back? Is it that cheap or just not re-usable?

chaddux said:
Why wouldn't they want it back? Is it that cheap or just not re-usable?

Free advertising. Most people (not here) are too stupid to notice the LNB missing ... plus it save a future installer the "install" if a new resident to the home wants it activated.

chaddux said:
I don't know what DISH's policy is but, in my opinion, if they want it, they can come and take it down for free. If they want you to pay for it, in the words of Ron White, "I don't think so scooter."
Nice attitude but if you don't return it you will be charged for it so you pay either way. :)

It's relatively simple to take down the dish. It's just a few bolts that can be easily removed with a pair of pliers and/or a wrench. Leave the mounting plate on if it's attached to your roof. Anywhere else, you can take the plate off, just patch the holes with some caulk.

kpeercy said:
My one year commitment ends in early January. I know that Dish will send you boxes to send your receivers and remotes back. Also, I know they want the LNB. My question is this...Will my installer return and take the dish down, etc. (for a fee of course) or am I stuck doing that myself?

You say that you had a one year commitment? Are you leasing?

If I am not mistaken, with a lease you can cancel anytime, but the one year commitment allows you to keep the gear after cancellation. What program are you on?

He has DHP, the lease plan that existed before february, that had a commitment and included lifetime warranty, but also has a lease on the first receiver

BFG said:
He has DHP, the lease plan that existed before february, that had a commitment and included lifetime warranty, but also has a lease on the first receiver

Thanks for the clarification BFG. :)

Hi all,

I have to admit...I cancelled my dish DHP this past month and went back to comcast. I had to have local HD and comcast now offers it. I do miss my PVR. But I now have a dish 6000 & 510 sitting around doing nothing. I am planning on selling the 6000 on ebay, once I get off my ass and post it. But I will continue to be a satellite member, if though I am a dare I say it again, cable-user! Anybody interested in a 6000? no charges, clean and 1-year old?

Shichonni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts