Cancelling 1 cent/ year Cinemax - any Penalty

I think you can only get the deal over the phone, I tried the online chat and even though they confirmed the deal they couldn't accept my CC info through the chat. My question I have is once the promo period is over, can I get off paperless billing and go back to paper billing without a hassle or a fee?

I think you can only get the deal over the phone, I tried the online chat and even though they confirmed the deal they couldn't accept my CC info through the chat. My question I have is once the promo period is over, can I get off paperless billing and go back to paper billing without a hassle or a fee?

You can go into your account details online and signup for autopay and paperless billing BEFORE doing the online chat. Then the chat rep will be able to turn on the Cinemax deal for you.

It shouldn't be a hassle to turn off when the promo ends. Can do it through your online account details.

I now have had Dish Network for 5 months and on EVERY bill I have found a $10 to $30 error. With paperless billing this 1 cent Cinemax deal would be costing me hundreds a year if I didn't check my bill online.

The kids lock isn't working on my receiver. Dunno why.

BUT, in my email confirmation it said if I wanted to remove it because of going off of autopay there would be no cancellation fee.
Once you set the parental controls you have to lock the system for the parental controls to take effect, if you dont do this then the parental controls wont work.

I now have had Dish Network for 5 months and on EVERY bill I have found a $10 to $30 error. With paperless billing this 1 cent Cinemax deal would be costing me hundreds a year if I didn't check my bill online.
Yea you MUST check bill every month. I had the same problem with billing errors. In each case they were taken care of before my card was charged.

I am actually one of the dreaded Dish Network CSRs. If you want to cancel the Cinemax for a penny deals, there would be no fee or charge. We would just remove it from your account.

Anyone been charged the penny for Cinemax?

I signed up several months ago, and I don't believe the .01 charge has shown up yet, maybe I should start saving up for it:D
Guess Charlie's gonna hit us all at one time, maybe he's hoping to get enough to pay Tivo:rolleyes:

I did mine through email via the website. You just have to provide some info like the last payment, payment date, and method of payment.

I lost my email that said if I wanted to cancel it and go back to paper billing and avoid the $5 fee what to do, but it didn't seem to be a big deal if you tell the rep that's what you want to do. You just can't cancel automated billing and keep the penny deal.

I can see where you'd be concerned if the parental locks aren't working. There's some not-kid-friendly stuff on there after dark for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts