Cannot change format on sd channel on joey.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
Just got the hoppa and the one problem I am having is on one of my sd tv's when on an sd channel, the sides and the tops are black and the format button does nothing. My other sd tv with the joey I can change the format on sd channels to make it fit better. I don't get why the one works and the other does not.

oh and when on hd channels the screen is perfect, so it's just sd channels

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app

Not all TV's are equal. The output from Joey to Joey is the same. The solution may or may not work, but: Go into the menu on the TV that is misbehaving, and see if there is a format picture settings. It's going to be totally trail and error. And the offending TV doesn't have any way to address formatting, your stuck till you upgrade TV's.

robertgeorgehughes said:
Not all TV's are equal. The output from Joey to Joey is the same. The solution may or may not work, but: Go into the menu on the TV that is misbehaving, and see if there is a format picture settings. It's going to be totally trail and error. And the offending TV doesn't have any way to address formatting, your stuck till you upgrade TV's.

I was afraid of that, but sense the format is changing on the dish box not the tv I would think it should work. However it does not seem to be that way.

The Joey does not seem to be SD compatible unless you have a 32 inch or bigger TV.

On smaller SD screens, the guide is hard to impossible to read. On the old models you could change the guide to show just 1 1/2 hours of guide data, this increased the font size so you can read it.

Same issues with the bars on the side. Not really good.

Yes I know most have HD TVs now a days but think about it, the Joey is often used in the Kids room or den were the older SD TVs, the Hoppers are on the main TV.

Some say dish might fix this, but in dish terms Soon could mean a year.

Dish, please fix this.

ScottChez said:
The Joey does not seem to be SD compatible unless you have a 32 inch or bigger TV.

On smaller SD screens, the guide is hard to impossible to read. On the old models you could change the guide to show just 1 1/2 hours of guide data, this increased the font size so you can read it.

Same issues with the bars on the side. Not really good.

Yes I know most have HD TVs now a days but think about it, the Joey is often used in the Kids room or den were the older SD TVs, the Hoppers are on the main TV.

Some say dish might fix this, but in dish terms Soon could mean a year.

Dish, please fix this.

Yeah, I wish they would.
What you said about smaller than 32 makes sense. The one I have the trouble with is only 20 something and in my 8yr old sons room.

Anyway, that aside, the hopper is much better than the 922 i had