Cannot download new guide (510)

minusRJ

Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Hey guys. Just found this forum. I've got a problem with my 510 DVR - that "No Info Available" thing, and I've been doing everything I can to try and get the guide to download, Switch Checks, Power Downs, unplugging, resetting, removing the smart card, and combinations of those. I'd rather avoid calling Dish. The damn thing won't download the guide.

I've even tried unplugging the whole thing, even the satellite cables, for 3 hours and waiting out of annoyance. It just has about an hour of show info continuously.

Any ideas? I just got it, it should be installed correctly, works, installed it over phone with tech. All diagnostics and whatnot are good.

if you go to guide and pres skip forward several times up to 48 hours ahead does it down load then?

Sounds like your signal strength for the transponder the guide is on may be to weak or gone all together to download the information. Take the remote and hit menue 6, 1, 1, and tell us what your signal strengths look like on the 110 and 119 satellites transponders ( yes each one, its important ) and this may tell us why your not getting the guide.

Thanks for the fast response!

I let it sit plugged in but powered off for about five hours and it seemed to clear itself up. I don't know why I couldn't invoke a program guide download myself, but it looks like it downloaded all the information during that five hours. Everything's working now, including all of my timers.

As for Van's question about signal strength, both satellites come in between 60 to 90 on fluctuations. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts