Can't access a thread in the Dish Network forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking into it again. :)

When someone trys viewing it, the server load goes up. (which is strage since the database in not on this server) and the Database server itself shows no issues or load.

Got to figure out why Apache and PHP dont like that thread. :)

I am looking into it again. :)

When someone trys viewing it, the server load goes up. (which is strage since the database in not on this server) and the Database server itself shows no issues or load.

Got to figure out why Apache and PHP dont like that thread. :)

It might be my fault.

I was trying to post 2 quotes from yahoo news along with the url for those stories.

Without knowing the 1st thing about vB, how do you determine that a message or messages are the problem ?
You go into the database and disable posts one by one until the thread loads up properly.

I think I may have found what is causing the issue. :)

You go into the database and disable posts one by one until the thread loads up properly.
Hehe, so one-by-one... that still seems convoluted. You can't disable, check, re-enable then unless it's always just one post that's the problem. When it's two or more, you've got detective work to do.

Yup thats correct. :)

That time the issue was not a post (although even when I removed it it was working for me) that was a compression issue. (We have software to compress a page down so it gets sent to you using as little bandwidth as possible) I shut that off and the post started working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)