Can't Access FREE TVJapan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishSubLA

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2006
Now, every time I try to access the FREE content on TVJapan, a pop-up appears saying I need to subscribe. This is a problem that Dish had fixed earlier, and now it is back again. I used to be able to set the FREE content with a timer, but no more.

Dish, please fix the access of TVJapn FREE content. You fixed it before. Thanks.

Now, every time I try to access the FREE content on TVJapan, a pop-up appears saying I need to subscribe. This is a problem that Dish had fixed earlier, and now it is back again. I used to be able to set the FREE content with a timer, but no more.

Dish, please fix the access of TVJapn FREE content. You fixed it before. Thanks.

What free content are you referring to?

I'm confused, TVJapan requires a subscription. Channels you don't subscribe to do not appear in your guide unless you set the guide list to All Channels. Sorry, I still don't fully understand the issue.

It's in my guide both HD and SD, I don't know about being able to record, but I can watch the programming.

TVJapan is different than any other channels on Dish. (that I am aware of) It needs a subscription, but also has regularly scheduled free programming several times during the day. Many of us enjoy their free programming and news.

TVJapan is different than any other channels on Dish. (that I am aware of) It needs a subscription, but also has regularly scheduled free programming several times during the day. Many of us enjoy their free programming and news.

Yes, exactly!

Background for everyone else:
First, TVJapan only appears on my guide when set to ALL Channels and will appear in RED as is it a subscription channel. Fine. I can live with that. However, several times a day, TVJapan airs FREE content that is OPEN to all subscribers. Most often it is the newscasts and Morning news service, but documentaries and other public affairs and cultural and nature and political programs are also OPEN for FREE view. In fact, the EPG data states the programming is FREE.

Second, one can either tune to the channel during the FREE OPEN periods for the free content, or (at least with the ViP722/K I was able to do this) one could set a timer for the FREE content and have the DVR record it for later viewing.

What happens is that during TVJapan is normally not viewable unless with a subscription, but when the FREE content airs as scheduled, it becomes viewable. Then when at the end of the FREE programming, the video is lost and the pop-up stating you need a subscirption shows. This is how it worked for years.

Several months ago, we had this same problem, but Dish fixed it a few weeks later. So, here we go again.

So, to DIRT, could you please pass this along to the right folks. I'll try again later to see if fixed.

Last edited:
Update: One of my Hoppers now has TVJapan in My Channels and can now have a timer set for the FREE content. It is as it should be. I'll check my other Hopper tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts