Can't download titles in Dish Online

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mrschwarz

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 17, 2004
Can't download list of titles in Dish Online

I have a 722 connected to a phone line and ethernet to my internet router. I am getting an IP address. caller ID is working. I have Vonage VOIP which has been working without a problem for more than two years.

I am using the Sling Guide beta without a problem, too. When I go to the Dish Online menu and select 4 to see TV shows, I get a 'processing request' message for about 2 minutes and then times out and goes back to the live show.

I have called Tech Support twice and the only think I have learned is that they have two reps that don't have a clue what Dish Online is or how it works.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can make this work? It was working about a month ago. I tried it again a couple of days ago and it stopped.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Last edited:
L618 yet?

Have you tried it over the span of a couple/few days?

Is it that you can't do the actual download, or even more problematic that you can't even see the downloads to choose from? I got the impression of the latter from your post, but the former from the title.

L618 yet?

Have you tried it over the span of a couple/few days?

Is it that you can't do the actual download, or even more problematic that you can't even see the downloads to choose from? I got the impression of the latter from your post, but the former from the title.

I have been trying since last week. Sorry for the confusion with the title of this thread. I can't even see the downloads available to choose. I am going to edit the title.

Did you check your connections?
menu >6 >3 > Connection and make sure it says "Broadband and Phone Connection OK"
Other then that I would do a hard reboot.

Did you check your connections?
menu >6 >3 > Connection and make sure it says "Broadband and Phone Connection OK"
Other then that I would do a hard reboot.

It's getting an IP address assigned from the router. Hard booted numerous times. No change. Can send the status over broadband, but here's something else.

For the past 2 months I have gotten the $5.00 no phone line charge. They credited it to me, but told me the 722 wasn't connected, even though it was.

I have been trying since last week. Sorry for the confusion with the title of this thread. I can't even see the downloads available to choose. I am going to edit the title.
I tried it again last night and it worked fine on my 722 with internet connection. Have you rebooted the receiver?

Sounds like your VIOP isn't giving a dial tone when it does the nightly update. Look into that.

I get a 'processing request' message for about 2 minutes and then times out and goes back to the live show.

I had the exact same problem, although without the VOIP. On the router I verified that port blocking is turned off for ports 2200 to 2299 for the IP the 722 was assigned as suggested on Dishonline's FAQ. Nothing worked

I ended up swapping out my old USR router with a newer Linksys and that fix it.

Last edited:
I would have to agree that something in your setup is blocking communications with dish network. Have you tried hooking the receiver up directly to your high speed internet (bypassing any routers, or VOIP devices in the system). If you try this and it still doesn't work, maybe your internet company is blocking something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)