Can't DVR free previews now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDRoberts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 13, 2008
Cleveland, OH
So we just started a free preview of the Cooking Channel. I figure while I've got it, I'll record a show staring a local chef (Cook Like an Iron Chef).

So I go to set up the DVR like normal, and instead of letting record, it brings up the non-subscribers message (Message 371).

Last month I set up to record Star Trek: TNG on BBCA with no issue. But not on Cooking. I also notice there is now a interactive popup trying to get you to subscribe. I also notice I can record off live by pressing the record button, but I cannot set up future recordings.

So is this a glitch, or is this a new Dish policy toward previews?

I tried it on my 722 without a hitch. I was able to record a show in progress and create a timer for a future show.

BTW: I turn off all that mumbo jumbo interactive stuff so it very well could have something to do with your problem.

Also, it could be that big brother just hasn't gotten me the latest software "enhancements" - yet. :D

I am now getting that behavior. Strangely enough, I went away and when I came back the TV was on the "What's on Dish 500" channel. I tried to record something on 113 in the future and got the upgrade message.

time to hook the VCR to the TV2 feed

My thoughts are, sometimes the previews get me to spend more money (i.e. I have had HBO and Showtime for the last few years after getting sucked into their programming...)

My main issue is that I time shift everything but news and sports. So, if I can't record it to watch later, I probably won't watch it at all.

Thus, I won't be watching any of the preview channels being they can't be recorded and thus there is no chance of me upgrading.

I guess I win? ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)