Can't Get 110

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WesTexican

Original poster
Oct 25, 2022
Texas
I have a 1000.2. Pole is plumb. Have the angles set for my zip code. Started sweep from almost due East and adjusted & peaked it on first signal. (just have a simple analog satellite finder). Couldn't get 110 but 119 and 129 are coming in good. Moved to different location 20' away and started all over again and got the same result. Ordered and installed another LNBF and again got the same result. Run check switch and not finding 110 at all. What am I missing or what else could I try?
Thanks!

I have a 1000.2. Pole is plumb. Have the angles set for my zip code. Started sweep from almost due East and adjusted & peaked it on first signal. (just have a simple analog satellite finder). Couldn't get 110 but 119 and 129 are coming in good. Moved to different location 20' away and started all over again and got the same result. Ordered and installed another LNBF and again got the same result. Run check switch and not finding 110 at all. What am I missing or what else could I try?
Thanks!
You're pointed about 10 degrees too far west.

Tried moving 10* back to the East and nothing. Went way East and started back very slowly. Ended up where I started to get any signal and still no 110. I’m still missing something.
Any trees in the way? Have you tried one of the free augmented reality satellite aiming apps to make sure?

No trees, buildings or any obstructions. Haven’t tried any apps.
Was really hoping that it was just something simple that I’ve been overlooking.
I’ve watched a ton of videos. It looks so easy on the internet! LOL!
The apps make it even easier. Make sure you're using the side plates on the mount to align the azimuth, not the LNB arm.

Cover the outer 2 lnb's and find 119 with only the center lnb available. If your skew and elevation are buy the book 110 should be there. There may have to be some very minor elevation tweaking to get max signal but don't mess with the skew unless you already have - in that case you need to reset skew to the dish book value for your zip code.

Be sure to run a check switch after initial alignment or the database in the receiver will not have the correct data for all three sats available.

If all this fails, it may be time to call Dish for a tech visit.

Thanks NYDutch!
No obstructions but does look like it’s off. Centered camera lens on LNB arm and took this shot. Looks off?
92DF5657-DAC7-4F67-B9E2-F26A3C80C620.jpeg

Guess my elevation is off is why I’m going too far West to get signal. Correct?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Thanks NYDutch!
No obstructions but does look like it’s off. Centered camera lens on LNB arm and took this shot. Looks off?View attachment 159082
Guess my elevation is off is why I’m going too far West to get signal. Correct?
It looks that way. Don't forget you may need to tweak the elevation a little to optimize all three signals. I suggest snugging the mount clamp up until you can just rotate for alignment. That helps eliminate any drooping from excess play that throws off the elevation a little.

It looks that way. Don't forget you may need to tweak the elevation a little to optimize all three signals. I suggest snugging the mount clamp up until you can just rotate for alignment. That helps eliminate any drooping from excess play that throws off the elevation a little.
It worked! It’s all good now. Thanks for all your help!
It is really easy as long as you do the prep right and double check the easy stuff! LOL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts