Can't Get 1883 Program On Dish

11555h

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2021
Southern Michigan
This is probably not the correct forum to ask this question but here goes. I have Dish, Amazon Prime Video, 2 month trial for Paramount+ thru Amazon and a not so smart TV (older Panasonic Plasma TV). Wanted to get Paramount+ for the new show "1883". I can get into Amazon Prime and it shows "1883" available to me free but when I click on it I get a message "Paramount+ restricts its content thru Prime Video Channels on this device. See devices you can watch on at Amazon.com/primevideodevices" At the end of that sentence there is a yellow box that says "+watchlist" or "In your watchlist" when you select it. That link doesn't seem to show me much. Looked at the forum on Prime Video and they don't seem to have an answer. I also have a Firestick available if that would do anything. I'm not too sharp on this sort of stuff putting a bunch of video stuff together and getting what I expect to get. Hoping for some expert advice. Thanks, Larry

1883 is exclusive to the Paramount+ streaming service. They showed the first 2 or 3 episodes on regular cable channels to get folks hooked, and after that it can only be watched on Paramount+. You’ll have to install the Paramount+ app on a device in order to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
1883 is exclusive to the Paramount+ streaming service. They showed the first 2 or 3 episodes on regular cable channels to get folks hooked, and after that it can only be watched on Paramount+. You’ll have to install the Paramount+ app on a device in order to watch it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats pretty much what I was going to say, Load the Paramount App and watch thru that instead of thru Amazon Prime and see if it works.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Amazon makes the app for the Hopper... unfortunately the channels they sell through Amazon Prime do not work on the Hopper as they want to launch a different player (or app) to open them and is the reason why you get the message about the device not being compatible.

Get a fire TV stick and be happy.

Amazon makes the app for the Hopper... unfortunately the channels they sell through Amazon Prime do not work on the Hopper as they want to launch a different player (or app) to open them and is the reason why you get the message about the device not being compatible.

Get a fire TV stick and be happy.
You can get it with a Roku device as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)