cant get 129 on check switch ?? help

I'm curious, does it make through acquiring satellites steps 1 - 5 and are the 110 and 119 channels viewabe.

yeah, everything else is great, all channels are playing, just missing a lot of hi def

the proper order should be 119 110 then 129 it sounds to me like you are seeing 110 with the "eye" that your supposed to see 119 with.
my suggestion would be to drop your elevation about 4 degrees and to the west about 7 to 9 degrees

it shows 110 next 119 next just a dead X

Well, there's your problem, you've got your dish pointed wrong. If 110 is showing up in the matrix on PORT 1, then you're definitely set up wrong on a 1000.2 dish. A proper switch matrix should show 119 on port 1, 110 on port 2 and 129 on port 3, assuming a 1000.2 dish. Re-read my post about scanning 129 using the birdog. The birdog doesn't automatically route 129 through the switch by sending commands for LNB C, so if you aren't manually selecting LNB C, your Birdog will only be sending command for LNB B and then you'll be switching to the 110 eye instead of 129 which is LNB C. A flaw of the Birdog is that it will often confirm 129 even though you are actually metering 110.

Try this, put your Birdog right on the LNB as you normally would when pointing the dish. However, once you switch your Birdog to 129, try covering up the left-most LNB (as seen from behind the dish) and see if you lose signal lock. If you still have signal, you aren't seeing signal from the 129 eye. Try covering the 110 eye (right-most) and see if your 129 lock drops out.

I run into that all the time with people learning to use Birdog meters with DISH, they don't realize that the Birdog won't automatically command the switch in the LNB to switch to LNB C (PORT 3) and then they end up on the wrong bird.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)