Status
Please reply by conversation.

Proc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
Motown
Hi all.

This morning, we lost signal (on all 3 boxes). The picture pixelated and then broke up and went away. At first, we thought it was the rain as it was coming down pretty hard. However, it lightened up to a light rain and still no picture.

I took a look at the transponder signals and am getting zero's on over half of them on the 101. The 110 is getting singals to the transponders, but somewhat weak and the 103 and 119 are getting signal as well. These readings are consistent on all three of my receivers (H20, old Tivo unit and an old D10).

Nothing happened to the dish as far as getting out of alignment.

Could this be a LNB gone bad? I've got the first genearation 5LNB (AT9/Sidecar).

The fact that it coincided with rain/weather tells me it's either an alignment issue, debris issue or switch issue. I had one fail (just like this) when they installed my mutliswitch on the J-mount without capping the unused ports. As soon as rain got into the switch it was over. How about the actual coax connections at the dish/switch, have you checked them? While it's a pain in the butt (& if it's accessible) hook up a new clean coax line to an unused port at the switch & connect it directly to a receiver (works even better if you can take a smaller TV near the dish itself. Since this is the older AT-9 it's been up a few years & I would say that's the problem. If you have the protection plan (or upgraded any equipment) they would replace that with the slimline.

Can you post the actual numbers across the 101, 110, 119, 99/103?

The rain just stopped and now I am getting transponder signals again.

I bet you are right. I bet the coax is loose up at the LNB. If it starts raining again, even slightly, I bet it loses signal.

I'll have to get up on the roof and tighten them up. D* is giving me a service call on Monday if I can't get up there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts