Cant get AMC4 with BEC 2000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WOW! It will find the satellite but you said you only want RTPI (AMC-4) I would spend the money on the receiver rather than a proffesional tool you may only use once or twice, you are going from a $24 receiver to a $450 meter : ) As you posted before you can use a DirecTV setup to point at the main DirecTV satellites (101W) then you are sure you are also on the AMC-4 satellite, swap to the KU LNBF do a blind scan and you are done! Its a good strong channel I am on it right now, we need MORE European channels here in the US, right now its a talk show, it says RTP Internacional GRAVADO, what does GRAVADO mean?

What is the color at the signal strengh and quality bar, are they the same color, if not, you are still not get the satellite yet.

brotherhood said:
trying to get bec 2000 to work,cant lock in amc-4 (using satellite finder)so tryed other sats(,finder go beep lock dish down do sat search,) but all nothing,yet my signal 70 to 80% and picture Q is 38-40. what gives
payed 24.00 canada for RECEIVER brand new
should i buy one with blind search?or new bigger dish OR SOMETHING
PLEASE HELP

Another thing is, did you set your LNB to universal type ? and the LNB frequency should be 10600 instead of 10750.

"SK" is right, the quality bar has to turn yellow to confirm you are on the satellite and have signal quality on the BEC 2000 DBS receiver.

Gravado in Portuguese

"Gravado" in Portuguese means its "recorded" (not live).

They will/should turn yellow when you are on the satellite and have the antenna/LNBF set up correctly and you have entered the coordinates of an active transponder/channel.

what am i stupid

tryed 2 drectv sats get 75% on each(trying to get amc-4)
changed lnb to ku lnb and still no picture did sat scan too
bars are still red on bec 2000
help

All you need is twist the dish a bit to have the signal lock, best is get the receiver and TV at side to do the adjustment. Although DTV and AMC4 are co-located at the same slot, but there still a bit difference in position. Which part of Canada are you at, you may need to turn your LNB (skew setting) to the left or right depending east or west coast.

renamed thread
brotherhood, please help us out next time by
-keeping the issues to one topic (you have 2 topics on the same thing)
-naming it a little better...like what the issue is

:)

sorry norhern manitoba 8 hour from winnipeg
do you think i should get a bigger dish 30in right now?

A bigger dish will help keep the signal longer and give you more quality but I don't think that is your problem as you cant pick up any KU satellites, you would still be getting something even if the dish was just slightly too small, sure get a bigger dish but that is not the cure, we are as frustrated as you, I recently had a customer who has the BEC 2000 and the only way he got it up and running was to call me and I had mine set up and we went through it step by step and he got it, but as he was a customer of mine I knew his dish was pointed correctly at the satellite he was after as I did the install! The BEC 2000 can be a nusance to set up! But its got a great picture and as I said it can motor a dish, I like them.

the dish is staying in one place .
i ordered a Fortec Star Lifetime ULTRA,see if that works
its just that i got a great deal on that bec 2000(24 bucks,brand new)
thank you my friends for all the help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NBA on Empire Sports??

Connecting satworks 3186 to drake 1724 c/ku band system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts