Can't get an install date, is this normal?

bmgamble

Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
Keithville, LA
Hi everyone. I have been with Dish Network for over 3 years and decided to upgrade the 811 to a 622 this weekend. After paying the 149 yesterday and spending an hour and a half on the phone, I still don't have an install date because "their system is down". I was told to call back.

I've been calling back every few hours and get the same thing about their system being down and can't schedule an install date. Also, much to my surprise, some of the CSRs tell me a 510 has been shipped :confused:. They have notes on my account about a 622, so I am not sure how a 510 was shipped. Odd.

Has anyone else had any problems just getting an install date? I don't know what else to do besides keep calling. Thanks in advance!

-Bryan

I went thru the same issues with the "system" being down. First their credit card system was down, then their scheduling system was down. I persevered and the next day told I had an installation scheduled. Since my wife was home that day, I decided to just have her call me when (if) the tech showed up. Sure enough, no show and E* said they showed a payment from me but no installation scheduled. We tried again and we got a call after the tech didn't show that he wouldn't make it that day. The third time was the charm for the HD upgrade, just as it was for the original installation 7 years prior. When I talked to the tech, he said they schedule with no regard for travel time and he works 13 out of every 14 days, 10-12 hours per day, so I don't blame the techs for anything except not calling the customer to give them some idea of when they might show. That doesn't take much time and would eliminate many complaints. The CSRs will not give installer contact info so it is very frustrating.

I finally got an appointment for Monday the 24th (noon - 5), so hopefully I will have better luck getting it installed than I did trying to get an appointment. What a headache.

I will be moving my installation to Utah here in the next two weeks and I was told the next available installation appointment is in mid-November. What's up with that? I hope they don't expect me to pay for service when I'm not able to use it.

I finally got an appointment for Monday the 24th (noon - 5), so hopefully I will have better luck getting it installed than I did trying to get an appointment. What a headache.

Bryan, I wish you all the luck in the world on your upgrade. The system is more than down, its just plain busted. See my rant 2 722's in 2 Days!??? I used to be one of Dish's biggest fans but that was yesterday and yesterday's gone. Best product, best pricing and the most horrendous customer service on planet Earth. On the brighter side, when you do get it installed properly you'll love it. My advice...PRAY. Sorry for the rant.
Ed

Thanks Ed, I hope everything goes smoothe too. Unfortunately, as I suspected, I got an email from Dish giving me a tracking number for an order that was placed. :confused: I bet it's the 510.....and I have no idea how it got on my account or shipped to me. Only time I ever heard this was after talking to the 3rd or 4th CSR and they told me.

Now comes the part I feared. 2 receivers (my current 811 and now this one)and no RA# to return either. The nightmare has officially begun. I couldn't even get an RA# on the 811, so I am dreading trying to get one for this 510 too. What does this have to be such a pain :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts