Can't get E-Arc, but Dish is calling me every week. Do I even need it on this setup?

tomekg35

Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
MD
I am located in Maryland and currently watching dish on sat. 110, 119 and 61.5.

dish keeps calling me every week wanting to come over and install the 1000.4 dish.

There is however one small problem. Directly where the 72.7 and 77 are, I have a huge tree in the back of the house and no LOS to the satellites.

They are telling me that most HD channels will move from 61.5 to the others.
What are my choices?

Can't I just keep my setup? Aren't most of these HD channels also available on either 110 or 119?

I have one HD rec. and a couple of 311's.

Please help since the 1000.4 won't work for me.
thanks

Dish is continuing to move HD channels OFF 61.5 to 72.7. With maybe two or three exceptions, 110 and 119 are non-HD. So, yes, you do need a 1000.4. Would a pole mount somewhere in your yard be an option to get around the tree?

No, no way to install this dish anywhere around my house. Also how are Western US cities watching HD channels?

I am currently watching the Fox Soccer channel which is running on the 110 sat!!!! I am sure there a few others!

If your locals are on 61.5, you can set up a 1000.2 (110, 119 & 129) with a 61.5 wing dish. You will then have all the HD channels. That is my current set-up. E* is trying to get away from mixed arc set-ups but in some cases it will not be possible.

What exactly does the 1000.2 do? Where is pointed, in your setup? E* is trying to get away from mixed arc set-ups. I understand. But what do they care what I have ... Just leave me alone. Any new setups they could install anything they want............... but

What exactly does the 1000.2 do? Where is pointed, in your setup? E* is trying to get away from mixed arc set-ups. I understand. But what do they care what I have ... Just leave me alone. Any new setups they could install anything they want............... but
The 1000.2 points to 110, 119 and 129. This is called the Western Arc. 61.5, 72 and 77 is called the Eastern Arc. With no LOS for an EA dish, you will need to mix the two arcs with a 1000.2 and a separate 61.5 dish.

1000.2 would pick up 110/119/129 the WA satellites. They can't leave you alone as you are not getting the programming that you are paying for. It may not be that long before you wouldn't get any HD. You either need to be able to pick up 72.7 on EA or 129 on WA to get the HD. A 1000.2 would point the SW of you from MD. 129 would be pretty low on the horizon though. The tree you are talking about is it yours or on someone else's property? You sure that they could put the dish somewhere else to get 72.7? It is the most important of the birds in EA.

I may have to go with the 1000.2 route. Will my 311 and Vip211 receivers work with this setup?

I currently have the Super dish and an extra dish for 61.5 .. Could I just add one regular dish and point it at 129? I think my switch will handle 4 satellites!

thanks,

I may have to go with the 1000.2 route. Will my 311 and Vip211 receivers work with this setup?

I currently have the Super dish and an extra dish for 61.5 .. Could I just add one regular dish and point it at 129? I think my switch will handle 4 satellites!

thanks,
Actually, you can replace the current lnb on your SuperDish with the 1000.2 lnb and then repeak the dish for 129. The 1000.2 lnb has an extra port for the 61.5 input.

thanks,

Yes if it's dish pro dish. If you have the look angle a single feed dish 500 would work. You can get the single feed adapter from dish store.

Do you really want three Dishes? I think you are making this too hard.

Agree. I find it extremely difficult to believe that you are "seeing" 61.5 through a tiny hole in the foliage and can't also get 72 and 77. I live close to MD and my EA dish is pointing at a 44 deg elevation. It looks over trees quite nicely. If you have trees close to your house, just put the EA dish at the far (north) side, and fire over your house and your nearby trees. Case closed.

N.B. When Dish upgrades you to EA, they will also have to upgrade your 311's. Wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean?

The 61.5 is barely making it to the left of the tree. a few deg to the right and you are hitting the tree. The tree is really close the garage where the dishes are therefore, you can't get through the tree or even above it. It's too close to the building. ...

I just checked, I am not sure I can get the 129 either, it is very low and the neighbor also has tree in that direction.

"Actually, you can replace the current lnb on your SuperDish with the 1000.2 lnb and then repeak the dish for 129. The 1000.2 lnb has an extra port for the 61.5 input."

So this setup would work, if I can get a clear shot on 129?

Agree. I find it extremely difficult to believe that you are "seeing" 61.5 through a tiny hole in the foliage and can't also get 72 and 77. I live close to MD and my EA dish is pointing at a 44 deg elevation. It looks over trees quite nicely. If you have trees close to your house, just put the EA dish at the far (north) side, and fire over your house and your nearby trees. Case closed.

N.B. When Dish upgrades you to EA, they will also have to upgrade your 311's. Wink wink nudge nudge know what I mean?

I agree, especially about the "hole" .

Technically the only channel that I even care for to be in HD is the Fox Soccer Channel (149), the Dish Network 110°W channel list shows that it's available on 110.