Can't get local channel WRGB

Squirrelpaw11

Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
New York
I apologize if this is the wrong place for this topic, but I recently moved to a house where DishNetwork television service is included in the rent. I've never used satellite before, and was unhappy to discover that I cannot get WRGB, my local broadcast station for CBS. I am unable to watch the local news on the station I have watched it on my entire life, and I cannot watch my favorite programs.

The landlord tells me that my house is subscribed to the local channel package, and I am able to access WTEN and any other local channels except for CBS/WRGB. How do I access the WRGB station? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this is necessary information, but I am in zip code 12074, and my DishNetwork reciever is labeled on the front as "VIP722 DVR".

WRGB is owned by Freedom Communications and they are having contractual differences with Dishnetwork. Until they are settled you will not see WRGB on Dish.

OK, thank you. Is there any word on when the differences might be settled?

And if/when the contract differences are settled, will I have to do anything special to get the channel back? Or will it come back automatically?

If your receiver says 722, then attach an over the air antenna to it and get the local channel that way. The 722 has a built in atsc tuner and will merge the local into the guide with the satellite channels.

DishNet Recievers?

What receivers work with what dishes/lnb's

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)