Can't get locals on my Dish Network..

bigwhoop2000

May 10, 2010
Georgia
I upgraded to an Hd receiver and now I can't get locals anymore. I did have sats 110,119, & 61.5 on my old equipment. Now i'm on 72,77, & 61.5 with my new stuff. What can I do???

Did you do the locals setup Menu+6+9? Scan and then delete some.
We assume you had 61.5 locals before and after. It could be elsewhere.
-Ken

Did you move to a new location and upgrade, or did you just upgrade to a new receiver? What I am trying to get at, is, are the locals you are trying to get, out of the same city than the locals you where getting? As long as you are receiving the 61.5 satellite your locals should eventually come in. Have you done a check switch by going to menu --> system set up --> installation --> point dish and then going to check switch ?

if your check switch shows that you have the 61.5 ( you should have all three) and you are still not getting your locals, then try unplugging your receiver for 30 seconds. If that does not work, call dish and have them send another hit to your box. I do upgrades such as yours regularly (dish-n-it-up) with that dish, and I seldom experience no locals. the few times that I have, I performed the above procedures...

Did you do the locals setup Menu+6+9? Scan and then delete some.
We assume you had 61.5 locals before and after. It could be elsewhere.
-Ken
What does scanning for locals have to do with the OP's problem? Menu+6+9 is to scan locals in from an off-air antenna, not for getting locals from the satellite.

I upgraded to an Hd receiver and now I can't get locals anymore. I did have sats 110,119, & 61.5 on my old equipment. Now i'm on 72,77, & 61.5 with my new stuff. What can I do???

Who did the upgrade? If you called dish and they sent a tech out you need to call dish back and complain. The tech should have made sure that you were receiving everything that you are subscribed to before he left. As was stated it is always helpful to give your exact location and the Market you get your locals from, I would guess that there is more than one option for locals in Georgia and that might depend on your actual location...

Ross

What does scanning for locals have to do with the OP's problem? Menu+6+9 is to scan locals in from an off-air antenna, not for getting locals from the satellite.
We don't know for certain he gets sat locals in HD. If he does not, then KKlare was giving good advice. It's a new box.

I'm assuming this has been fixed at this point since the OP hasn't responded to anyones comments after three days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)