Can't get signal back after disconnection

No it sure does not. :( OK; we've got 18V at the LNB end of your coax, so I am guessing it's not the coax and not the 6131. You told us above that you already tried replacing your LNBs and your SW21 with no change. I think you have multiple failures. Let's leave the switches out of the picture and direct-connect the 6131 to each of your (4?) LNBs in turn. I think you tried some of your LNBs directly, but did you try all 4?
I've tried directly connecting to all four LNBs, both the new and old, with no luck.
Have you tried disconnecting coax from stb then running check switch to clear the matrix. Hook up coax again then run check switch again and see what happens.
I've tried this multiple times with all three switches, both sets of LNBs, and with a direct connection to a single LNB.
You said you removed and reinstalled the Coax and never moved the dish. Are you 100% certain that the dish was not hit or inadvertently moved even though it was not part of the plan?
I've moved it a bit, mostly when I was trying to find something with the single LNB hookup, but I marked where it was set originally and have always moved it back to that position.
It's got to be the receiver doesn't it?

Swapped cables with known good equipment and problem did not follow the cables (therefore cables ok)
Tried multiple switches with no luck (probably not the switches)
Tried multiple LNBs with no luck (probably not the LNB)
The only constant has been the receiver.
Is there any reason the receiver would just stop recognizing everything just because it was disconnected from the dish for a couple weeks?

Is there any reason the receiver would just stop recognizing everything just because it was disconnected from the dish for a couple weeks?
Just about anything electronic will eventually fail. I can't tell you why or how to confirm it, but it sure sounds like you've eliminated all of the other suspects. Although you do mention you've moved the dish, so maybe it is an aiming problem (it doesn't take much movement to lose the entire signal). I know you said you marked it, but you can still be off the aim.

A few months ago I had to disconnect my cable from the dish and pull it out of the way when I had some trench work done in my yard. Everything was working fine before that. When I reconnected it after about a week, I had no signal. I swapped cables with my other satellite, and it worked fine, so there doesn't appear to be an issue with the cable. I tried 2 different SW21 switches, in an addition to the original, with no luck. A post in another forum said to run the check switch test with no cable connected to the receiver, let it fail, accept the new results, unplug the receiver and restart it with the cable connected. I tried this with each of the switches and still nothing. I'm working with a round dish, similar to a Dish 500 one, with 2 separate LNBs. I also picked up an old oval Dish 1000.2 dish with a 3 LNB setup. I tried that dish, with the measurements corrected to match what's needed to hit the Bell satellites, found nothing. I put the 3 LNB setup on the round Bell dish and tried that, same result. The only thing I can think of left to try is to get 2 new LNBs. Is there anything I haven't tried? Is the receiver shot? Could both LNBs go bad at the same time? Is it even possible to pick up Bell satellites with a Dish 1000.2 with 3 LNBs? Can a 3 LNB setup be used on a round dish?
Your post in "Canadian Satellite System" suggest that you have tried a different dish and LNB's Your not hitting the satellites

Your post in "Canadian Satellite System" suggest that you have tried a different dish and LNB's Your not hitting the satellites
I was wondering about that. IIRC those legacy LNBs do not appear to the receiver at all because there is only one way communication (sat signal down the line). The only thing going from receiver to LNB is the voltage which tells it which transponder polarization to send.

Does anybody know if sandman can use DishPro LNBs on his setup? I am guessing he could. That would at least tell him whether his receiver/cable/LNB is functioning correctly, and rather than the dish not being pointed at the satellites.

Yes, I did also try an old oval Dish 1000.2 dish with a 3 LNB setup. I tried that dish, with the measurements corrected to match what's needed to hit the Bell satellites, found nothing. I put the 3 LNB setup on the round Bell dish and tried that, still nothing. I could never find any confirmation that the oval dish with the 3 LNBs or putting the 3 LNB setup on the round dish would even work. I was still using the SW21 with these dish setups. I've re-aimed this dish before and never had this much difficulty finding the satellites, and the dish was still in the last known working position when I reconnected the cable.

Yes, I did also try an old oval Dish 1000.2 dish with a 3 LNB setup. I tried that dish, with the measurements corrected to match what's needed to hit the Bell satellites, found nothing. I put the 3 LNB setup on the round Bell dish and tried that, still nothing. I could never find any confirmation that the oval dish with the 3 LNBs or putting the 3 LNB setup on the round dish would even work. I was still using the SW21 with these dish setups. I've re-aimed this dish before and never had this much difficulty finding the satellites, and the dish was still in the last known working position when I reconnected the cable.
Even though your setting were marked, did you just go by your settings, or did you actually pan/tilt the dish to try to get a signal? If you're just going by the markings, I'd say you're not aimed right.

I actually moved the dish around trying to find signal. I made the markings before I moved it the first time just so I knew where the original coordinates were and could start back at that point each time I tried something different to regain signal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts