Can't get UHF remote to operate 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ray S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Central NJ
I just had Dish install the 622 today. I have many things to learn. I have television 2 going to my DVD recorder. But I can't get the "Dish 2" UHF remote to operate the 622, I have the 622 in the dual mode. I plan to eventually make anamorphic DVD recordings of HD content. There is probably a way of setting the remote to operated the 622 but I can't find it in the manual. Can anyone help.

Remote should be working, only time UHF remote will not work is 1) in single mode with shared view disabled, and 2) dead batteries, 3) remote address on tuner two changed and remote at different address. If you are in dual mode, are you looking at tv2 outputs? Double check you settings and connections.

garys said:
Remote should be working, only time UHF remote will not work is 1) in single mode with shared view disabled, and 2) dead batteries, 3) remote address on tuner two changed and remote at different address. If you are in dual mode, are you looking at tv2 outputs? Double check you settings and connections.

I have TV2 connected to my DVD recorder via composite cable and going back to a second component output to my television. TV1 is connected via another component input. The only thing I was getting on my TV2 was the congratulations you have Dish 500. Today I am getting on TV2 is "Press Select To Continue". I press select on the TV2 menu but nothing happens. However the volume controls the television. The Sat button lights up every time I touch a button but nothing changes on the TV2.

Ray S said:
I have TV2 connected to my DVD recorder via composite cable and going back to a second component output to my television. TV1 is connected via another component input. The only thing I was getting on my TV2 was the congratulations you have Dish 500. Today I am getting on TV2 is "Press Select To Continue". I press select on the TV2 menu but nothing happens. However the volume controls the television. The Sat button lights up every time I touch a button but nothing changes on the TV2.

Sounds like you may be in single mode with shared view for tv2 disabled. Is tv1 working? If so use menu from tv1. Hit 6 for System Setup, then 2 for shared view. if disabled, click on enable then save. What happens then?

garys said:
Sounds like you may be in single mode with shared view for tv2 disabled. Is tv1 working? If so use menu from tv1. Hit 6 for System Setup, then 2 for shared view. if disabled, click on enable then save. What happens then?

Called advanced tech. department. The two remotes had the same remote code in them. She found this out when she had me go into system information. So you push satellite button until the satellite light keeps blinking then you press a different code number (I think 1 through 16) for the TV2 remote. Then press the record button. Its the same instructions I remember in the manual for the 811 and 921. Usually you need to change the code when a remote starts operating another receiver that you don't want it to. But I didn't see it in the manual for the 622. Well that was the fix.

Ray S said:
Called advanced tech. department. The two remotes had the same remote code in them. She found this out when she had me go into system information. So you push satellite button until the satellite light keeps blinking then you press a different code number (I think 1 through 16) for the TV2 remote. Then press the record button. Its the same instructions I remember in the manual for the 811 and 921. Usually you need to change the code when a remote starts operating another receiver that you don't want it to. But I didn't see it in the manual for the 622. Well that was the fix.

Didn't think of that. I haven't changed the remote address on either tuner of my 622 and have had no problem with the two remotes working or not working. Huh??? Glad you have it working.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)