Can't keep 24? with new 4K genie?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cvangorp

Original poster
Mar 30, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
Tonight I called to lower my bill and to upgrade my genie (34) to a newer model since it has hung several times this past month causing me to reset. Not fun during March Madness.

I was told I had to get a new 54 and a client, I could not keep my HDDVR (24). The tech also told me the genie only has 1 tuner and the HDDVR has 2 tuners and tried to send me a new HDDVR to replace my genie. I declined and will try again later but wanted to confirm I should be able to have a new 4K genie and keep my old HDDVR (24).

I think the tech was misimformed. He also stated the system would not let him upgrade my genie and keep my 24. Had to do a 4K Client and a new genie. Is the 54 not 4K?

Should I wait?

Thx

:welcome to Satelliteguys cvangorp!
The HR54 Genie works just fine with an HR24. It's the not yet released Genie 2 that doesn't work with dvrs, only clients. The HR54 does 4K, but only through a client or rvu in the tv. Call back and see if you can get the HR54 as an upgrade from your HR34. You do need a 4K tv in order to do that.

Tonight I called to lower my bill and to upgrade my genie (34) to a newer model since it has hung several times this past month causing me to reset. Not fun during March Madness.

I was told I had to get a new 54 and a client, I could not keep my HDDVR (24). The tech also told me the genie only has 1 tuner and the HDDVR has 2 tuners and tried to send me a new HDDVR to replace my genie. I declined and will try again later but wanted to confirm I should be able to have a new 4K genie and keep my old HDDVR (24).

I think the tech was misimformed. He also stated the system would not let him upgrade my genie and keep my 24. Had to do a 4K Client and a new genie. Is the 54 not 4K?

Should I wait?

Thx
Call back ...
You CAN have a Genie (any model) with HR24s, they are trying to push the clients is all.
I would Not give up a HR24 for a client .... the client is just a slave for the Genie 34/44/54.
It has no hard drive, it records on to the Genie.
The Genie has 5 tuners in it.
You need a HR54 AND a C61k client to do 4k.
Or a RVU Directv capable tv set (the rvu could work in place of getting the C61k).

How many rooms do you have? If you only have a 34 and 24 the system will recommend swapping the 24 for a client otherwise you will be paying for 3 TVs.

No matter what the genie definitely has 5 tuners and the 24 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You pay the same amount per outlet regardless of whether it has a dvr or client or rvu.

Not clear. Are you getting a 4k TV or just upgrading the 34? If you don't have a 4k TV the system may only offer an HR44. Or you may be in one of the test markets so the computer is offering a Genie 2 upgrade. What is your location?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)