Cant lock one channel

mafmd019993

Original poster
Oct 30, 2007
Hi,

I have a Voom DSR-550 and recently cannot lock in WBZ 4.1; I have a stong signal >98 but when I try to watch the channel the box reboots. I've tried 480I, 720P, and 1080I with the same results. I rescanned with no luck. All other channels are fine. Is anyone having this same problem? Does anyone know if there is a fix?

Thanks for any help,

Frank

weird...I am having the same issue here in Minneapolis with WCCO, which is also a CBS station O&O (Owned and operated by CBS)...maybe its a CBS issue?

weird...I am having the same issue here in Minneapolis with WCCO, which is also a CBS station O&O (Owned and operated by CBS)...maybe its a CBS issue?
Ya, it IS a CBS issue. Apparently, all CBS stations changed their signal(s) ~ 10/12, resulting in this problem (which is almost certainly due to "datacasting").

I saw it on my VOOM box that day and it wasn't there before that. I'm watching WKYW 3.1 CBS out of Philly, but I know that folks all over the country were reporting this so it appears to be nationwide.

Interestingly, KYW apparently did something to their signal ~ 10 days later which allowed me to watch them again. So now my box doesn't reboot when I tune to them and I'm still able to watch CBS programming (knock wood). I wonder if they got complaints? I'd sure like to know what they did.

I can also get NYC stations and I know that as of last weekend, WCBS 2.1 in NYC was still causing my box to reboot. But I generally watch the stations out of Philly and it's nice that KYW came back for me.

:)

I was also experiencing problems with my VOOM box rebooting with WBZ, the CBS station in Boston. A station engineer was able to run a quick test, and determined that it is a data-casting piece of equipment from TV Guide that is causing the problem.

TV Guide has assured CBS that their equipment is 100% comptible with the applicable specifications. So at this point the plan for WBZ is to continue using the data-casting equipment.

-Ben

Rumored Start Date for WHUt-DT in DC

DB4 or Channel Master CM 3677 Ultra Hi-Crossfire

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts