can't lock onto ota in los angeles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

irv6744

Original poster
Aug 13, 2005
i am 23 miles from the signal source on mt. wilson and have a green signal above 85 on the signal strength menu. when i try to scan, it pauses at each station but cannot lock in on any of them.
antenna is the non amplified winegard. do i need a better antenna even though signal strength seems ok and the ota scan does pause at each rf frequency.
i did unplug the voom box but no help.
thanks

what your going to need to do is to go into the channel aiming screen and type in the rf for each channel and it'll tell you what your signal is for each channel. If it does what some channels do to me it goes from like 85 to 75, or less, every couple of seconds and then back again to 85. If your channel signal does when it's scanning that local and the signal is below 80 then no it won't lock onto it. I think there is a way to manually add the channel but I can't remember.

Danielle

i have many channels that are in the mid to high 90's and still no lock

i think the leafy trees are the problem but i still don't know what to do about it.

if you remember how to manually add ota stations please let me know and i will try that.

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)