Can't lock VOD?

hdfreak

Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
Recently DISH has put the VOD PPV on channel 1. After doing this we locked these out because we have children. Every night they unlock. This happened 3-4 nights in a row. Asked neighbor who has dish and has same problem. Called DISH. First rep tells us that DISH does not allow VOD to be locked. I have children and need to prevent them ordering. Spoke to supervisor who tried to say it was just technical issue with our system. We explained that it happens with neighbors too and we will not pay for new receiver or tech visit when it is obviously not just in our home. The sup then took info and told us to call every day until fixed.

Has anyone else seen this issue?
Is there anything we can do to prevent VOD orders?

The morning after this latest update, I noticed these new VOD HD channels but I also noticed that I didn't have the new 'BANNER' on the guide yet. I locked out the single VOD HD channel.

A few days later, I noticed the banner in the guide. I also noticed that the VOD HD channels showed up AGAIN. So I turned off the banner using the tips posted elsewhere here and I AGAIN locked out the VOD HD channel. I had hoped that this was a one time fluke with the new banner somehow being turned on.

But yesterday (again, a few days had past) the VOD HD channels showed up YET AGAIN! And again, I locked that channel out.

So not everyday for me, but every few days (so far).

This is going to annoy the hell out of me if it continues to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts