Can't modify start/end settings for existing timers

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Hi all,

I have a Hopper3 with H310 software. I have my defaults for DVR timers set to start 5 minutes early and end 5 minutes late to make sure I don't miss the beginning or end of shows when they don't start/end on the hour like they should.

I have recently lost my NBC local due to the Tegna dispute. I have a single OTA tuner with an antenna that gets decent reception, but several of the shows I like (e.g. Chicago Med/Fire/PD) air back-to-back, so this results in a tuner conflict with my existing timers with the start 5 mins early and end 5 mins late settings.

I went into my DVR timers this evening to try and modify the start/end settings on the existing timers to prevent the tuner conflicts. On the Edit Timer screen, it lets me change the End setting to 0 minutes late and says it saved it, but when I hit cancel to go back to the list of timers, it says the End setting for that timer is still 5 minutes late and the schedule shows the end time of a an upcoming recording for that timer has not changed and the tuner conflict is still present.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there a trick to getting it to actually modify an existing timer? All I can think of is delete the timers for the NBC shows, change my default timer settings, then re-create the timers, but that sounds like a pain in the a$$.

Thanks,
Chuck

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hi all,

I have a Hopper3 with H310 software. I have my defaults for DVR timers set to start 5 minutes early and end 5 minutes late to make sure I don't miss the beginning or end of shows when they don't start/end on the hour like they should.

I have recently lost my NBC local due to the Tegna dispute. I have a single OTA tuner with an antenna that gets decent reception, but several of the shows I like (e.g. Chicago Med/Fire/PD) air back-to-back, so this results in a tuner conflict with my existing timers with the start 5 mins early and end 5 mins late settings.

I went into my DVR timers this evening to try and modify the start/end settings on the existing timers to prevent the tuner conflicts. On the Edit Timer screen, it lets me change the End setting to 0 minutes late and says it saved it, but when I hit cancel to go back to the list of timers, it says the End setting for that timer is still 5 minutes late and the schedule shows the end time of a an upcoming recording for that timer has not changed and the tuner conflict is still present.

Has anyone run into this before? Is there a trick to getting it to actually modify an existing timer? All I can think of is delete the timers for the NBC shows, change my default timer settings, then re-create the timers, but that sounds like a pain in the a$$.

Thanks,
Chuck
Try selecting the Back button after you adjust the time.

You mean the Back button on the remote? My remote (40.0) doesn't have a Back button like the newer ones do. My wife hates the newer remotes, so we still use the 40.0. Pushing Cancel on the remote appears to be the only way to exit the Edit Timer screen and go back to the list of timers. Pushing DVR or Guide or Menu will take you to those screens, but when I go back to the timer list, the one I tried to modify is back the way it was.

It works for me using my 40.0 remote. If it doesn't work for you perform a pull the chord reboot & try again.

Tried a power cord reboot and there's no change. The Edit Timer screen says it saved the change, but no matter what I press to get out of that screen (Cancel, DVR, Guide, View Live TV) when I go back and check, the end time is back to 5 mins late.

I do have about 100 timers. Has anybody noticed flakiness due to a large number of timers?

• Wow
Tried a power cord reboot and there's no change. The Edit Timer screen says it saved the change, but no matter what I press to get out of that screen (Cancel, DVR, Guide, View Live TV) when I go back and check, the end time is back to 5 mins late.

I do have about 100 timers. Has anybody noticed flakiness due to a large number of timers?
I don't know what is causing that. Can you delete timer & make a new one? Does that work?