Can't order PPV with 622

Reward

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Here's a weird one.

I can't order any PPV events with my 622 receiver (ok, let's not debate whether or not I'd want to).

I've spent quite a lot of time on the phone with Dish and nobody can fix it.

I've been able to order PPV in the past. Most recently was a movie about a week ago.

I receive the infamous "Error 006" stating "Your purchase cannot be completed. Please call the customer support BLAH BLAH BLAH".

That message essentially means that the PPV balance stored on the smartcard in my receiver has reached the $100 limit. What should happen is the receiver will eventually call home and download (hmm, upload?) the PPV events.

The last supervisor I was on the phone with sent a special command to clear out my purchase history but I still cannot order any PPV.

I've had several CSRs check software versions, configurations, everything.

I'm certain the phone line is connected properly and works. I also have ethernet connected and it also works. There are without question no telephone or networking issues with my setup.

The last clue I have is that on my purchase history there is one line that reads:

N/A N/A $159 NHLCI

Presumably for NHL Center Ice. The N/A N/A is in the list where the date and time of a PPV purchase would normally appear.

Strangely, that event remained in my purchase history even after the most recent supervisor cleared them out.

The odd thing is that I've previously ordered NHL Center Ice and I have all of the channels enabled (although there are no feeds up, they are currently broadcasting the standard music loop but it's definitely enabled for me). Also, I didn't order it through my receiver. I ordered it through the web interface online -- why would it show up on my receiver's purchase history?

Finally, thinking that the $159 for Center Ice might have had something to do with it, I went ahead and paid for it so that my account balance is $0 (which is definitely <<$100).

Anybody have any ideas?

Will I have to get a new smartcard or receiver to fix this issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)