Can't pick up digital stations

SAT

Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
NE Oklahoma
I have a 811, good OTA attenna & amp, but can't pick up any stations broadcasting in digital. I can pick up stations not brodcasting in digital great. I'm approx 50 miles from tower and have the attenna pointing in the right direction. The tv is a Samsung 507 and I believe it's hooked up correctly. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Have you checked http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx to see what it says about your DTV stations to see if what you have now is what you need? Also, try removing the amp from the line and see if that helps. Sometimes where an amp is good for analog it kills digital. Also, since you have an 811 are you getting the 49% problem (if you don't know what that is look in the 811 section of the Dish section on this site). Good luck

SAT said:
I have a 811, good OTA attenna & amp, but can't pick up any stations broadcasting in digital. I can pick up stations not brodcasting in digital great. I'm approx 50 miles from tower and have the attenna pointing in the right direction. The tv is a Samsung 507 and I believe it's hooked up correctly. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
The only thing not mentioned above is what type of antenna you have. A good VHF antenna will pick up channels 2 through 12 but will not pick up any digital signals that are in the UHF band which requires either a universal antenna (VHF and UHF) or another antenna for the UHF DTV channels.
There are a few VHF DTV channels broadcasting around the country, I have one in the SF Bay area channel 11, but all others here are UHF ranging from channel 19 up to channel 56.
If you already have a UHF antenna then I don't have any other good ideas for you other than trying to turn the antenna some to see if you are pointing in the right direction. Good luck.

A lot of digital TV stations are broadcasting at a fraction of their analog signal. An example is here, a UHF station running 5000 KW analog is running about 300 KW digital.
When the FCC told the stations they had to have a digital signal on the air by a certain date, they neglected to tell they how much power they had to be running.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts